DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Aquafeed Market 2017 Analysis & Forecasts 2013-2021" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Aquaculture accounts for a growing percentage of total fish supply and provides close to half of all fish supplies destined directly for human food consumption. Aquaculture is the fastest-growing animal based food producing sector and continues to outpace population growth. Research & development in breeding technology, system design and feed technology have enabled the expansion of commercially viable aquaculture across species and in volume.
The growing demand for protein rich sea food, growing concern for food safety and higher adoption of aquaculture practices have created demand for nutrient rich aquafeed. The marketing strategies of major players and aggressive expansion to tap major market shares have led to increased awareness and consumption of aquafeed by the farmers.
Asia-Pacific is the largest consumer of aquafeed accounting for around 70% market share in 2015. The Asia-Pacific market, although accounting for a significant share of the overall market, is relatively unexplored, primarily due to the low level of organization in the fish industry. The low proportion of fresh water fish consumption and preference towards marine fish are responsible for the slow growth rate in Europe and North America.
China is a major player in Aquaculture industry and produces over 60% of global aquaculture production, while Asia as a whole accounts for around 90% of worldwide aquaculture output. Carp, Tilapia and several high-priced species such as salmon, shrimp, prawns, eels, oysters, and scallops are the major cultured species all over the world. The share of aquaculture products in international trade is increasing not only for high-priced products but for a broad range of species.
- Market trends since 2013 and five year forecasts of market growth
- Detailed analysis of the micro and macro elements influencing demand trends
- Identifying opportunity spaces across segments and countries
- Supply & demand side trend and analysis
- Price trend analysis, investment prospects and competition pattern
- Insights on growth potential of the market in key countries
- Detailed analysis of major producers covering financial investments & strategies adopted and competitive landscape of the industry
- Growth in Aquaculture Industries
- Increased Consumption of Sea Food and Fish
- Rising Cost of Raw Materials
- Growing Consumption of Plant Based Proteins
- Environmental Concern
- Functional Aquafeed
Key Topics Covered
3. Industry Dynamics
4. Market Size and Forecasting
5. Country Market Share
6. Competitive Analysis
7. Company Profiles
- CP Foods
- DaChan Group
- De Heus Voeders B.V.
- DeKalb Feeds
- For Farmers B.V.
- Haid Group
- JA Zen-Noh
- Kent Feeds
- Land O Lakes
- New Hope Liuhe
- Nutreco N.V.
- Tangrenshen Group (TRS)
- Wen's Food Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l8vjln/2017_global?w=4