DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "United Kingdom Whey Protein Market 2018 Analysis & Forecasts 2014-2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The U.K. whey protein market is one of the strongest among the countries in Western Europe. It has seen a huge growth in recent years and is expected to witness at a CAGR of around 7.3% during 2018-2023.
Major drivers of rising consumption of whey proteins in U.K. are increase in applications in health industry, sports industry and in functional foods industry. Research and development in health sector for the consumption of whey protein has contributed significantly to the growth of whey protein market in U.K. For instance, it has been found out that almost 3 million Britons are suffering from type 3 diabetes. In order to cope with diabetes, whey has been found to be effective in instant increase in insulin. Thus, the demand of whey protein in health sector is growing steadily.
The major restraint of whey protein market in U.K. is high manufacturing cost of whey protein due to the high cost of labor combining with rising cost of maintenance. Major players are shifting their production facilities in developing countries to benefit from reduce cost of labor and raw materials cost.
Major application of whey protein in U.K. is in dietary supplements industry and accounts for around 45% of the market share. Whey in dietary supplement industry is used in various forms such as powder, smoothies and sports food products. Application of whey protein in food and beverage industry is the opportunity segment in the market.
Various research institutes in dairy industry are collaborating with the food, beverage and supplement producers to explore various ways of application and product innovation. Some of the innovative products that has entered the market are ready-to-drink beverages, acidic beverages, sauces, coffee creams and frozen desserts.
- Market trends since 2014 and five year forecasts of market growth
- Detailed analysis of the micro and macro elements influencing demand trends
- Identifying opportunity spaces across segments and countries
- Supply & demand side trend and analysis
- Price trend analysis, investment prospects and competition pattern
- Insights on growth potential of the market
- Detailed analysis of major producers covering financial investments & strategies adopted
- Competitive landscape of the industry
- Increasing Awareness About Health Benefits of Supplement Diets
- Growing Use of Whey Proteins in Functional Food and Beverages Industry
- Increasing Demand for Dairy Alternatives / Ingredients and Proteins
- High Cost of Ingredients and Production
- Growing Vegan Population & Alternatives to Whey Protein
- Health & Safety Concerns and Undefined Regulations
- Growing Dietary Supplement Prescription
- Surging Demand of High Quality Protein in Food Industry
Key Topics Covered
3. Industry Dynamics
4. Market Size and Forecast
5. Competitive Analysis
6. Company Profiles
- Agropur MSI, LLC
- Arla Foods
- Carbery Group
- Champignon-Hofmeister Group
- DMK Group
- Fonterra Co-operative Group
- FrieslandCampina Ingredients
- Glanbia Plc
- Hilmar Cheese Company Inc
- Lactalis Ingredients
- Land O'Lakes Inc
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5ktmxk/united_kingdom?w=4