DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "U.S. Compound Feed Market 2017 Analysis & Forecasts 2013-2021" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
U.S. accounts for around 70% of North America animal feed production and the market was worth $70 billion in 2016.
The U.S. compound feed market is in late growth phase and the consumption has been steady over the last five years. Greater demand for quality meat products, emphasis on meat safety and stringent government regulations on meat production are the factors responsible for increased consumption of compound feed in the country.
The livestock industry suffers heavy losses due to disease outbreaks as it increases the cost of animal production; reduce milk and meat yield, cattle sales, farmers' incomes, and enterprise profitability. A major break-out results in taking several firms out of business, the shutting down of several livestock markets and the slaughtering of thousands of condemned animals. As the meat industry in U.S. is export driven, the manufacturers rely on compound feed and feed additives to avoid the losses due to disease outbreak.
Emphasis on concentrated animal feeding operations is other major driving factor for compound feed consumption. Vertical integration and ownership consolidation brought major awareness among the farmers about the benefits of compound feed. Growing concern for dietary proteins is pushing the demand for high value nutritious feed from livestock industry, to supply quality meat economically. However presence of equally effective substitute products-plant protein is likely to affect the consumption of meat products and in turn compound feed.
The process technologies has brought supply chain coordination in the poultry industry bringing about additional price declines and demand growth. The beef and pork segment which has been seeking consumer attention since last decade has resorted to vertical integration and supply chain coordination to compete with poultry industry. The sophistication in the livestock industry is creating stable demand for compound feed in the country.
Poultry segment is the largest consumer of compound feed accounting for more than half of market share in 2016 and also the forecasted to be fastest growing segment. Horse feed, rabbit feed, gaming animal feed are the opportunity segment in the market. Major players are focussed on acquisition of local and foreign players for business expansion.
- Emphasis on Industrialization of Livestock Industry in Asia and South America
- Increased Consumption of Livestock Products
- Growth in Aquaculture Industries
- Increased Weightage on Safety of Meat and Milk Products
- Use of Raw Materials-Feed vs Fuel Debate
- Anti-Livestock Global Narrative
- Growing Consumption of Plant Based Proteins
- Environmental Concern
- Organic Feed
- Increasing Awareness in Africa
- Market trends since 2013 and five year forecasts of market growth
- Detailed analysis of the micro and macro elements influencing demand trends
- Identifying opportunity spaces across segments and countries
- Supply & demand side trend and analysis
- Price trend analysis, investment prospects and competition pattern
- Insights on growth potential of the market
- Detailed analysis of major producers covering financial investments & strategies adopted
- Competitive landscape of the industry
Key Topics Covered
3. Industry Dynamics
4. Market Size and Forecast
5. Competitive Analysis
6. Company Profiles
- CP Foods
- DaChan Group
- De Heus Voeders B.V.
- DeKalb Feeds
- For Farmers B.V.
- Haid Group
- JA Zen-Noh
- Kent Feeds
- Land O Lakes
- New Hope Liuhe
- Nutreco N.V.
- Tangrenshen Group (TRS)
- Wen's Food Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/88x8kw/u_s_compound?w=4