ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Porter Keadle Moore (PKM) announced it is expanding the services provided by its Systems Assurance Group to provide community banks and credit unions with outsourced chief information security officer (CISO) expertise and capabilities. PKM is an accounting and advisory firm that serves public and private financial institutions, insurers, technology companies and entrepreneurial small businesses.
Today’s financial institutions are under tremendous pressure to ensure proper cybersecurity and IT safeguards are in place to protect vital consumer data in a compliant manner. For some community financial institutions – particularly those in smaller towns or rural areas – it can be a challenge to recruit qualified Information Security Officers (ISOs) to oversee these initiatives. Leveraging its established expertise in enterprise risk management and security control technology, which includes a full-time team of certified IT security experts, PKM is now providing institutions with a methodology to more readily meet this need.
In response to regulators who have clearly communicated an FFIEC requirement to have a formal separation of duty between IT staff and ISOs, PKM is offering:
- Creation of the information security risk assessment through discussions with senior management
- Development of security policies and procedures that protect business applications, software and data, without interfering with core business requirements;
- Planning and testing responses to security breaches, including the possibility for discussion of events with customers, partners, regulators and the public;
- Assistance with training, not only for all employees, but also for the Board of Directors; and
- Comprehensive reporting for management and regulators, including annual reports to the Board of Directors.
“The regulatory burden facing many community banks and credit unions remains significantly high, and oftentimes, these institutions do not have the resources to attract, hire and train information security staff,” said Mike Morris, Systems Partner for PKM. “Our new service line is designed to alleviate that challenge and provide an alternative for those in need of third-party support managing their IT security efforts.”
To learn more about the importance of having an independent and knowledgeable ISO, register for PKM’s webinar on March 15th at 2:00 p.m. ET.
Founded in 1977, Porter Keadle Moore (PKM) has established itself as a respected accounting and advisory firm serving public and private organizations in the financial services, insurance and technology industries as well as a diverse group of entrepreneurial small business clients. At PKM, we provide holistic and growth-driven financial solutions built on a deep understanding of our clients' businesses. The firm is proud to represent more than 150 financial institutions and serve as the leading advisory firm serving the growing craft brewery industry. For more information, visit www.pkm.com, call 404-588-4200 or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.