DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "North American FTTH and Advanced Broadband Market 2017: Review & Forecast to 2021" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report is an extremely detailed review, analysis, and forecast of FTTH deployments and consumer desires for advanced broadband applications and services. Well respected analysis helps illuminate the underlying trends driving FTTH activity. Data is presented graphically and numerically, and includes history from 2001-2016, plus a 5-year (2017-2021) forecast, with detailed breakouts.
North American FTTH activity is predicted to grow to record levels by 2021. Current growth is being led by exciting new overbuilding activity from providers such as AT&T, CenturyLink, Google, and hundreds of other providers; both traditional and non traditional.
At the end of 2016, approximately 27% of all the homes in North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Caribbean) have been passed by FTTH with 11% of those currently connected.
In the U.S., approximately 26% of all homes have been passed with FTTH and are being marketed to consumers while 12% have been connected. In the US the total investment to date in FTTH is valued at about $44 billion, and for all of North America about $60 billion.
While these are big numbers, in reality they represent only a beginning. A total of 88% of North American homes are yet to be connected with FTTH, and the broader industry being built around advanced broadband consumers is still in its infancy.
Key Topics Covered
2. Methodology and Background
3. Current North American FTTH Deployment Status
4. Characteristics of Fiber Internet
5. Characteristics of FTTH North American FTTH Systems
6. Drivers of FTTH Deployment
7. Current Possible North American FTTH Inhibitors
8. Service Provider Desires From Suppliers
9. FTTH Consumer Importance and Impact
10. Review of 2017-2021 FTTH Forecast
11. Detailed History and Forecast by Segments Status
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c8dr9d/north_american?w=4