NAPLES, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ASG Technologies, a leading provider of proven solutions for information access, management and control, today announced enhanced capabilities of its Enterprise Data Intelligence solution, that specifically help customers ensure continual compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). By locating, identifying and classifying personal data across an organization’s applications and data sources, the updated solution empowers companies to prepare and meet compliance guidelines by the May 25, 2018 GDPR deadline, and will also ensure companies maintain and stay in compliance as GDPR and other regulations evolve.
Today, global organizations are struggling to comply with the 99 articles outlined by GDPR, 35 of which have direct actions that organizations need to focus on in managing personal data. Gartner predicts that more than 50 percent of companies affected by GDPR will not be in full compliance by the May deadline. Central to these compliance challenges is the fact that enterprises have a limited understanding of where personal data resides within the organization – including poor data insight and management.
To help organizations more easily discover, manage and govern personal data, ASG’s enhanced Enterprise Data Intelligence solution supports a five-step approach to continual compliance including:
- Creating a personal data inventory – applications and data sources are scanned to discover and trace the use of personal data throughout the enterprise
- Establishing a personal data management process – automation is used to discover applications, identify personal data and assign criticality and identification of application owners
- Building lineage across technology and business unit borders – data lineage analysis tracks personal data seed items backward and forward, tracing every instance of the items across applications, data stores and business processes, as well as by policy requirements
- Creating a privacy risk assessment structure – key metrics (including percentage of completion and compliance) are identified, personal data is tagged, uses of personal data are assessed, and reports and dashboards to manage and record assessments are created
- Following data management best practices – implementation of the five-step process positions organizations for success in meeting new GDPR and other regulatory requirements
“GDPR is forcing organizations around the world to rethink the way they manage their data,” said Swamy Viswanathan, EVP & chief product officer, products and marketing. “As the number and scope of regulations grow, it’s critical that enterprises create frameworks that enable greater data understanding, management and governance. This will not only be key for ensuring continual regulatory compliance to GDPR and other mandates, but for establishing data management best practices that will steer their businesses forward.”
For more on ASG’s Enterprise Data Intelligence solution, visit www.asg.com/en/Products/Enterprise-Data-Intelligence.aspx.
About ASG Technologies
ASG Technologies Group, Inc. brings peace of mind to every enterprise with information access, management and control for our customers. These solutions empower businesses to enhance workforce productivity, gain an accurate and timely understanding of the information that underpins business decisions and address compliance needs with improved visibility of cross-platform data from legacy to leading edge environments. Global Fortune 500 companies trust ASG Technologies to optimize their IT investments. ASG Technologies is a global provider of technology solutions with more than 1,000 people supporting thousands of enterprise customers around the world. For more information, visit www.asg.com.