DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Epiomic Epidemilogy Series: Uveitis Forecast in 18 Major Markets 2018-2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report covers uveitis of immune and infectious origin, while excluding traumatic and post-operative uveitis, as well as Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitis.
Uveitis is a general term denoting a group of inflammatory conditions of the eye. It affects mainly the uvea, a structure comprising the iris, ciliary body and choroid, but it can also affect nearby structures within the eye: the retina, vitreous humour and optic nerve. The condition constitutes a major cause of vision loss and blindness worldwide, but is thought to receive insufficient attention of healthcare professionals not specialised in ophthalmology.
This report provides the current prevalent population for uveitis across 18 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Poland, Netherlands, Turkey, Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. In addition to the current prevalence, the report provides an overview of the risk factors, diagnosis and prognosis of the disease, along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the author's analysis team, uveitis categories based on location and aetiology, several features of uveitis patients, as well as the main comorbidities of the disease have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities of uveitis include:
- Autoimmune diseases (systemic)
- Ocular hypertension
- Macular oedema
- Epiretinal membrane
- Diabetes mellitus
Tuberculosis and other infections
Reason to buy
- Ability to quantify patient populations in global uveitis market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of uveitis and identification of patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Better understanding of the impact of specific co-morbid conditions on the prevalent population of uveitis patients.
- Identification of uveitis patient sub-populations that require treatment.
- Better understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of uveitis patients.
Key Topics Covered:
- Cause Of The Disease
- Risk Factors & Prevention
- Diagnosis Of The Disease
- Variation By Geography/Ethnicity
- Disease Prognosis & Clinical Course
- Standardisation Of Uveitis Nomenclature (Sun) Working Group Guidelines
- Key Comorbid Conditions / Features Associated With The Disease
- Methodology For Quantification Of Patient Numbers
- Top-Line Prevalence For Uveitis
- Features Of Uveitis Patients
- Aetiology Of Uveitis
- Infectious Causes Of Uveitis
- Autoimmune Causes Of Uveitis
- Vision Loss In Uveitis
- Comorbid Ophthalmic Conditions In Uveitis
- Abbreviations Used In The Report
- Reports & Publications
- Online Epidemiology Databases
- Online Pharmaceutical Pricing Database
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sqw7qc/uveitis_forecast?w=4