DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global
Smart TVs Market, Forecast to 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's
As the Competition Intensifies in the Maturing Smart TVs Space, 4K/HDR will Drive Market Growth
Unit shipment for the global smart TVs market is expected to increase from 193.7 million in 2017 to 249.9 million in 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3%.
While the overall LCD TV market has reached a certain level of maturity
and has been experiencing shipment declines in many regions, the
emergence of 4K TVs is driving demand in developed markets as well as
price-sensitive countries like China.
As the costs of smart TVs - especially high-end TVs that feature large screen sizes and boast of features like 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, curved displays, and bezel-free designs - continue to sharply drop year-on-year, vendors are rapidly pushing replacements and upgrades to consumers. Unit shipment for 4K TVs continued to grow at a double-digit rate, far outpacing lower-resolution displays like 1080p and 720p. As high-dynamic range (HDR) significantly enhances viewing quality for 4K and HD, this area is seeing growing interest.
For all vendors, the goal is to create a best-in-class app ecosystem and
to differentiate their TV models to command a premium over other
competing UHD and 1080p models. Curved screens are making a splash as
well, with screens in sizes ranging from 50 inches to well over 100
Global vendors like Samsung and LG Electronics, as well as Chinese
vendors like Hisense and TCL, now possess extensive 4K TV product
portfolios and offer support to stream content through apps. This was
reflected in 2017 CES announcements that further cemented UHDTVs as the
standard for smart TVs, going forward.
Key Issues Addressed
- Will the market continue to grow over the forecast period? If so, at what rate?
- Where does smart TV technology stand today?
- What are the primary challenges faced by vendors addressing this market?
- What are the drivers and restraints for market growth?
- What does the current competitive landscape look like?
- Is market concentration a restraint? Is the market attractive for mergers and acquisitions?
- What are the revenue breakups by geographical regions - NALA/EMEA/APAC? Which are the fastest growing?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
3. External Challenges - Drivers And Restraints: Smart Tvs Market
4. Forecast And Trends - Smart Tvs Market
5. Market Share And Competitive Analysis - Smart Tvs Market
6. Growth Opportunities And Companies To Action
7. The Last Word
- LG Electronics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fk7rr8/global_smart_tvs?w=4