Global Point-of-Care Diagnostics Market is estimated to witness a CAGR of 7.7% during the forecast period 2018-2024.
The point-of-care diagnostics market is booming due to several factors such as the growing patient base for lifestyle diseases globally, growing elderly population, increasing prevalence of infectious disease, technological innovations and increasing adoption of point-of-care diagnostics. Stringent approval processes, unfavorable reimbursement scenarios and product recalls are some of the factors hampering the market growth. The market in emerging countries is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period because of increasing healthcare awareness towards point-of-care diagnostics, increasing healthcare spending and growing patient pool.
The global Point-of-Care Diagnostics market by product is segmented into glucose monitoring kits, infectious diseases testing kits, pregnancy and fertility testing kits, hematology testing kits, cardiometabolic monitoring kits, urinalysis testing kits, coagulation monitoring kits, tumor/cancer markers, cholesterol test strips, drugs-of-abuse testing kits, and others. Glucose monitoring kits occupied the largest share in 2017 due to factors such as an increase in the prevalence of diabetes, change in lifestyle, growing elderly population and increasing demand for disease management.
- Increasing prevalence of infectious disease
- Growing incidence of life-style disease
- Technological innovations
- Increasing adoption of point-of-care diagnostics
- Growth opportunities in emerging markets
- Increasing awareness towards point-of-care diagnostics in developing countries
- Stringent approval process
- Product recalls
Key Topics Covered:
1. Industry Outlook
2. Report Outline
3. Market Snapshot
4. Market Outlook
5. Market Characteristics
6. Product: Market Size and Analysis
7. Prescription mode: Market Size and Analysis
8. End Users: Market Size and Analysis
9. Regions: Market Size and Analysis
10. Competitive Landscape
11. Vendor Profiles
- Abbott Laboratories
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Johnson & Johnson
- Danaher Corporation
- Siemens Healthineers Inc. (Siemens AG)
12. Companies to Watch For
- Trinity Biotech plc
- Qiagen N.V.
- BioMerieux S.A.
- OraSure Technologies, Inc.
- Instrumentation Laboratory (a Werfen company)
- Becton Dickinson and Company
- Nova Biomedical
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g6s4xf/pointofcare?w=4