SUNNYVALE, Calif. & YOKNEAM, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX), a leading supplier of optical transceivers and high-performance, end-to-end smart interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced that its volume shipments of LinkX optical transceivers, Active Optical Cables (AOCs) and Direct Attach Copper Cables (DACs), have surpassed the one million 100Gb/s QSFP28 ports milestone. Already offering one of the industry’s largest portfolio of interconnect products, Mellanox expanded its 100Gb/s LinkX product family to include: an innovative DynamiX™ QSFP-to-SFP port Adapter; a line of 100Gb/s Active Optical Splitter Cables; and new optical transceivers for 1310nm PSM4, CWDM4, and LR4.
“Our early 100Gb/s sales were driven by US-based hyperscale companies who were the first to deploy 100G Ethernet,” said Amir Prescher, senior vice president of business development and general manager of the interconnect business at Mellanox. “Now, China Web 2.0, Cloud computing networks, and OEMs worldwide are moving to 100G. Customers select us because of our high-speed experience, our capacity to ship in volume, and the quality of our products.”
“We see rapid growth in the 100Gb/s optical transceiver market continuing through at least 2021,” added Dale Murray, Principal Analyst, at LightCounting Market Research. “400Gb/s networks are coming, but there is plenty of headroom for 100Gb/s products until the deployment of end-to-end 400G Ethernet can be realized.”
Mellanox will be exhibiting its new 100G and 200G/400G LinkX products at the 2018 OFC conference, March 13-15, in San Diego at booth 1801.
The Mellanox booth will feature demos of its new LinkX products including:
- 200Gb/s in the QSFP56 form factor
- 400Gb/s in OSFP and QSFP-DD form factors
- Full line of 100Gb/s transceivers for hyperscale and data center applications
- LinkX™ 25G/50G/100Gb/s DAC & AOC cables and 100G SR4, PSM4, CWDM4 and LR4 transceivers
- Active Optical Breakout cables from 100Gb/s to 4x25Gb/s and 2x50Gb/s
- DynamiX, to convert any QSFP port to support a SFP DAC, AOC or transceiver
- New Quantum switches with 40 ports of 200Gb/s QSFP56 in 1RUchassis
- New ConnectX®-6 adapters with two ports of 200Gb/s QSFP56
- Live demo with Ixia 400Gb/s QSFP-DD ports showing backward compatibility with 200Gb/s QSFP56 networks
- Learn more about LinkX cables and transceivers
- Follow Mellanox on: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Read about Mellanox 25G/100G SR/SR4 transceivers on the Mellanox blog
Mellanox Technologies (NASDAQ: MLNX) is a leading supplier of end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet smart interconnect solutions and services for servers and storage. Mellanox interconnect solutions increase data center efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance capability. Mellanox offers a choice of fast interconnect products: adapters, switches, cables and transceivers, software and silicon that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high performance computing, enterprise data centers, Web 2.0, cloud, storage and financial services. More information is available at: www.mellanox.com.
Note: Mellanox and ConnectX are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. LinkX and DynamiX are trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.