This Advanced Budgeting course is ideal for senior managers who manage budgets or managers who are currently managing projects and/or contracts. Senior managers who control cost and budgeting for their departments or organizations will also find this course extremely beneficial.
Go beyond the basics of financial management to analyze in more detail what drives sales and costs. With this Advanced Budgeting training course, participants can build a budget model which makes sense for their organization, and reflects their patterns of activity. Manage people's behavior to achieve performance, ensuring teams are motivated, and budgets are appropriately communicated. Look at various techniques including balanced scorecard, sensitivity analysis, and some sector-specific models.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the budget planning processes, preparation, review and control
- Discover and leverage on the different types of budgeting techniques that can be used in organizations
- Demonstrate and understanding of cost' as a feature of organizations
- Display a heightened understanding of cost' as a control mechanism
- Exhibit a high level of understanding of cost information generation
- Illustrate how cost information can be effectively retrieved, analyzed and utilized for organizational effectiveness
- Strategically analysis the formulation of long-run and short-run budget
- Identify the principal factors required to produce a successful business case
- Demonstrate their ability to utilize budgeting & financial skills required for better decision-making
- Identify sources of financial and business data to support the budgeting process
- Demonstrate the use of the appropriate techniques and methodologies to simulate typical business scenarios
- Use Information for informed management decisions
Introduction to Cost, Cost Information and Review of Key Cost Concepts
- How Budgeting Fits Into The Strategic Planning Process
- Discussion: How is the strategic plan and budget linked and communicated in different organizations?
- Why Do We Budget?
- What drives profit in your organization?
- What's Wrong With How We Budget?
- Beyond Budgeting Discussion: Would Beyond Budgeting work in your organization?
Practical Budgeting Techniques
- Reviewing Cost Structures For Budget Optimisation And Best Performance
- New Techniques In Budgeting
- Cash Budgeting
Planning and Budgetary Control Systems
- Budget, motivation and responsibility accounting
- The use of cost management information
- Creating cost-aware organizations
- Product vs. Period costs
- Direct and Indirect Costs
- Cost behavior: Fixed and Variable Costs
- Budgeting as a Management and Organisational Control System
Control Systems and Performance Measurement
- Linking process development to costing
- Financial and non-financial performance measure
- Designing an accounting -based performance measure
- Different performance measures
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mmdl8q/advanced?w=4