TORONTO & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Klick was today named a Best Workplace for Women for the third consecutive year after thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work. The company also announced it is celebrating International Women’s Day all week long.
"We are proud of our legacy as a Best Workplace for Women and stand alongside other leaders and companies who are committed to ensuring more progress is made on diversity, inclusion, and equality at work,” said Klick President Lori Grant, a recipient of Women’s Executive Network’s (WXN) Top 100 Most Powerful Women and MM&M magazine’s Hall of Femme awards.
Klick kicked off its weeklong celebration of International Women’s Day on Monday, launching a variety of internal initiatives and events, including:
- Keynote talks with industry experts:
- Dr. Kristin Blakely, a public sociologist committed to advancing gender equality though teaching, advocacy, and board work, will discuss “Trudeau, Feminism, and the Future of Gender Equality in Canada.”
- Rwandan Genocide survivor and Board Member of Women for Women International Clemantine Wamariya will speak about “Building Community and the Power of Connection.”
- A panel on the importance of identifying and breaking down barriers with Gender Inclusivity Facilitator Jeff Perera, Dr. Lisa Robinson of the Hospital for Sick Children, Kotn Co-Founder and Forbes 30 Under 30 Mackenzie Yeates, and Patricia O’Connell, Executive Director of Sistering, a not-for-profit serving marginalized women.
- A special ladies’ boxfit class, incorporating boxing, weights, endurance, cardio, and core.
- Speed mentoring sessions led by the company’s female senior leaders.
In the spirit of always giving back to the community, Klick’s Toronto and New York offices are participating in its 3rd Annual #ShoeBoxChallenge in support of local women’s shelters through the Shoebox Project. Klick teams are filling shoeboxes with items valued at $50 that women enjoy but may not splurge on themselves in difficult times. Klick is also donating the proceeds from its charity events each Friday in March to the Shoebox Project.
Further, in 2017, Klick organized a series of leadership pipeline trips to Kenya with WE Charity to build schools, including a women’s college.
Klick conducts regular pay fairness reviews to ensure that women and men are paid equitably for their roles and contributions to the company’s success. It offers maternity leave top-ups, flexible childcare options, complimentary on-site fitness and wellness programs, diversity and inclusion programming, mentoring for new parents, and access to work/life balance counseling services among its standard benefits.
The list of the 50 Best Workplaces for Women is based on direct feedback from employees of the hundreds of organizations that were surveyed by Great Place To Work. The data has a 90% confidence and a plus or minus 5% margin of error.
About Great Place to Work:
Great Place to Work ® (GPTW) is the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures. Through proprietary assessment tools, advisory services, and certification programs, GPTW recognizes the world's Best Workplaces in a series of national lists including those published by Fortune magazine (USA) and The Globe & Mail (Canada). GPTW provides the benchmarks, framework, and expertise needed to create, sustain, and recognize outstanding workplace cultures. www.greatplacetowork.ca and @GPTW_Canada
Klick operates with a fiercely independent spirit at the intersection of technology, creativity, and strategy. The Klick family is a diverse group of people who are driven and connected by a shared culture and commitment to the relentless pursuit of awesome at Klick Health, Katalyst Advantage, and Sensei Labs. Established in 1997, Klick has teams in Atlanta, Connecticut, Chicago, Los Angeles, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto. Klick has been consistently recognized as a leading Great Place to Work, Best Workplace for Women, Best Employer, Employee-Recommended Workplace, Fastest Growing Technology Company, and Best Managed Company. Klick’s co-founders wrote the New York Times Bestseller The Decoded Company, the award-winning book on how to use data to empower and engage employees. For more information on joining Klick, go to http://careers.klick.com.