DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Global Market for Nanomaterials in Sustainable Biomaterials and Bioplastics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Sustainable materials are of growing importance to society for environmental, security, and quality of life reasons. The use of biomaterials and bioplastics has grown rapidly in recent years as many consumers prefer products, especially in market such as packaging, that are sustainable and biodegradable. Recently there has been an increased focus on nanomaterials and renewable polymer resources to produce plastics that do not harm the environment.
A significant challenge in the development of bioplastics is that their mechanical properties are not comparable to petroleum-based plastics. However, the incorporation of nanomaterials into a range of applications allows for the use of less material and vastly improves mechanical and thermal properties, comparable to traditional plastics.
Applications where the use of nanomaterials is contributing to growth in the sustainable biomaterials and bioplastics market include:
- Flexible and rigid packaging.
- Nanocoatings on paper and plastic webs for vapor barrier.
- Strength enhancement in paper, paperboard, and wood building products.
- Nanocomposites in structural panels and composite structures.
- Smart materials.
- Smart packaging.
- Printed electronics.
- Self-healing materials and coatings.
- Sustainable 3D printing.
Markets covered include:
- Aerospace: Lightweighting, self-healing, reducing fuel consumption.
- Automotive: Bio-based and recycled resins, natural fiber composites, nanofiller-reinforced foams and composites.
- Biomedicine: Artificial body parts, tissue engineering, targeted drug delivery.
- Construction: Sustainable construction/green building, aerogel insulation, biocement.
- Biopackaging: Paper and board packaging, food packaging, barrier films.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
6 3D P/Additive Manufacturing
7 Recycled And Agricultural Composites
8 Smart Materials And Coatings
9 Self-Healing Materials
10 Biobased Gels And Porous Materials
11 Main Markets For Nanomaterials In Sustainable Biomaterials And Plastics
12 Other Markets
13 Sustainable Biomaterials And Plastics Company Profiles. 178-306 (245 Company Profiles)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/87mlrl/the_global_market?w=4