While online retail sales presently in the UAE lag behind global averages, there are several factors pointing to a rapid future growth. The nation's high personal income levels, Internet connectivity and developed infrastructure, along with recent investment in B2C E-Commerce auger well for rapid growth in the near future. The report cites authoritative forecasts of a more than a 100% increase in sales by 2021 compared to 2017.
Online shopping trends such as mobile shopping and purchasing from abroad are among the movements that are helping to overcome the preference for brick and mortar shopping in the UAE. Around 90% of the population have Internet access and smartphone penetration is high, according to the research.
Souq.com, the largest domestic online merchant was acquired last year by Amazon.com, giving the global operator a large share of sales in the UAE. But traditional store based retailers are rising to the challenge of Amazon's domination by improving the online shopping experience for their customers.
Questions Answered in this Report
- What is the current state and the prospects of B2C E-Commerce in the UAE?
- How large were the online retail sales in the UAE in 2017?
- What are the most important E-Commerce market trends in the UAE?
- What are the main online shopping patterns of consumers in this country?
- Who are the leading players on the online retail market in the UAE?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Overview & International Comparisons
4. Sales & Shares
5. Users & Shoppers
- Amazon.com Inc
- Dubizzle Middle East FZ-LLC
- eBay Inc.
- Noon E Commerce
- Souq.com FZ-LLC
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zhdcqq/uae_b2c?w=4