Factors favorable to the growth of B2C E-Commerce, such as the advanced infrastructure, high connectivity rates and youth-oriented demographic are expected drive the rise of online retail sales in Saudi Arabia. A forecast cited in the report indicates that Saudi Arabia will surpass current regional leader the UAE in online retail sales by 2020.
The widespread use of smartphones is one of the trends facilitating B2C E-Commerce growth. About nine out of ten adults own a smartphone and most owners use the device to go online. The yStats.com research reveals that most online shoppers have made a mobile purchase. Smartphone owners also can expedite delivery of ordered products by providing geographic coordinates to delivery services via mobile.
Social media and cross-border shopping also are propelling B2C E-Commerce. The web pages of Twitter, Instagram and Facebook are among the top 10 most visited websites in Saudi Arabia, a fact that online retailers use to promote sales. The yStats.com publication also reports that the high proportion of Saudi Arabian shoppers that shop outside the Kingdom make Amazon.com, eBay.com and Aliexpress.com among the top E-Commerce sites visited by Internet users.
Key Questions Answered
- How is B2C E-Commerce evolving in Saudi Arabia?
- How large are online retail sales in Saudi Arabia predicted to be by 2020?
- Which important market trends are present in B2C E-Commerce in Saudi Arabia?
- What are the preferences of online shoppers in Saudi Arabia with regard to product categories and payment methods?
- Who are the top market players in Saudi Arabian online retail?
- Amazon.com Inc
- eBay Inc.
- Jarir Bookstore
- Noon E Commerce
- Souq.com FZ-LLC
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gmqggq/saudi_arabia_b2c?w=4