LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, today announced that Joseph White, Senior Vice President of Enterprise Mobile Computing received the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Patriot Award. The award is the highest recognition the U.S. government gives to supervisors for their outstanding support of employees serving in the National Guard and Reserve.
- The Patriot Award reflects the efforts made to support citizen warriors through a wide range of measures including flexible schedules, time off prior to and after deployment, caring for families and granting leaves of absence if needed.
- An employee serving in the National Guard or Reserve, or the spouse of a Guard or Reserve member, may nominate individual supervisors and bosses for support provided directly to the nominating Service member and his or her family.
- White was nominated by Dan Jaquint who is Zebra’s Chief of Staff for its Enterprise Mobile Computing business as well as a Colonel in the U.S. Army Reserve.
Some of Colonel Jaquint’s recent assignments, while an Enterprise
Mobile Computing employee, include:
- Sr. Military Advisor Afghan National Police Counter-IED Directorate (NATO Mission Kabul, Afghanistan)
- Commander, 1st Battalion, 383rd Regiment (Des Moines, Iowa)
- Chief of Staff, 85th Support Command (Arlington Heights, Ill.)
- COL Jaquint’s current assignment is as the G3 (Operations Officer) for the 85th Support Command (Arlington Heights, Ill.)
- ESGR was established in 1972 to promote cooperation and understanding between Reserve Component Service members and their civilian employers. It fosters a culture in which all employers support and value the employment and military service of members of the National Guard and Reserve in the United States.
Anthony L. Taylor, Army Reserve Public Affairs Specialist, United States Army Reserves
“Readiness is job one for our nation’s Army. America’s Army Reserve Soldiers, who are skilled and educated in more than 148 different career fields from doctors, engineers, and scientists, are only able to maintain that level of success and meet their readiness requirements because of employers like Mr. Joseph White and Zebra Technologies. Being a Soldier is not an easy job, and being an Army Reserve Soldier, like Col. Daniel Jaquint, brings challenges such as balancing a civilian career with military duties and family life. We depend on and deeply appreciate individuals like Mr. White who understand the value of service that our Soldiers perform.”
Dan Jaquint, Chief of Staff, Enterprise Mobile Computing, Zebra Technologies
“Zebra and Joe White have provided me with unwavering support and the autonomy and flexibility to meet my military obligations as a member of the U.S. Army Reserve. There is no question in my mind that my service in the Army Reserve has added to my civilian capabilities and vice versa. I am fortunate to be able to work in an organization comprised of individuals with such character.”
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – gives organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2018 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.