MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aerohive Networks™ (NYSE: HIVE), a Cloud Networking leader, today announced a series of network-compliance and optimization enhancements for retailers, including high-density and reliable network-access features with the Wi-Fi Alliance’s new Vantage program, and PCI 3.2 reporting in HiveManager® for improved compliance when handling sensitive customer data. Aerohive’s new performance and security updates help retailers deliver consistent, reliable, and compliant connectivity in most any location.
To support the growing number of connected mobile and IoT devices in retail environments, and as the dependence on wireless access increases for both front-of-house and backend operations, retailers are having to stay focused on their infrastructure’s capacity and security capabilities to prevent breaches, outages, and lost customer-engagement opportunities. Retailers operating in malls, shops, and urban areas that are implementing digital initiatives understand that enterprise-grade connectivity is crucial to the underlying success of customer engagement and experience, but often challenging RF environments and oversubscribed networks are creating disruption to these efforts.
Through the implementation of the Wi-Fi Alliance Vantage feature sets, combined with Aerohive’s unique software-defined architecture and radio technologies, retailers are able to ensure higher levels of reliability, adaptability, and scale to accommodate continually changing and challenging conditions.
- Aerohive’s dual 5-GHz radio access points (APs), now with automated switchover, provide the right amount of 2.4 and 5-GHz coverage in any area by detecting the surrounding coverage and automatically adjusting the software-defined radio to broadcast on the frequency most-needed in the environment – including, the ability to disable it if the coverage is already sufficient, and re-enable when needed.
- All Aerohive APs support 802.11r, k, and v, which deliver fast and secure roaming in highly mobile environments. These protocols, when combined with the Agile Multiband and 802.11ac features available in Aerohive APs, enable retailers to implement high-performance Wi-Fi Alliance Vantage-supported network access.
- Underpinning Aerohive’s radio technologies is its software-defined Wi-Fi architecture, de-centralizing network control for increased adaptability, resiliency, and scale for networks that need to respond to ever changing connectivity needs.
Connecting customer, terminal, sensor devices, etc. is only half the challenge; doing so securely is the other. Retailers are witnessing an increasing number of digital attacks and threats to their business and are facing growing pressure to tighten network controls and privacy. HiveManager’s PCI 3.2 reporting is helping retailers gain greater visibility into their network security provisions, while Aerohive’s edge access controls, including its upcoming A3 technology, help ensure that only authorized and compliant client devices are granted access.
- Aerohive’s HiveManager now provides a comprehensive and scheduled report to detect and inform regarding PCI DSS 3.2 compliance. The report delivers information on the environment, including per-section compliance information with details for how to resolve the issue if one is detected.
- A3, which will be introduced in Q2 of 2018, will provide a comprehensive portfolio of access-management functionality to enable onboarding and security for Internet of Things (IoT), Visitors, BYOD, and standard wired and wireless clients. The Aerohive A3 solution includes capabilities to deliver a complete, secure access solution, such as automated device provisioning, device profiling and network access control, self-service onboarding, along with visitor/guest access, all without the operational complexities associated with competing offerings.
An already strong choice for retail customers with its Cloud-Managed SD-LAN and SD-WAN access solutions, Aerohive’s latest updates help retailers deliver a greater customer experience while strengthening network and data protection.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive's intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog http://boundless.aerohive.com/, or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks and “Aerohive Networks” is a trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.