Master the practical tools, vital intelligence and the latest advances to effectively understand and manage your drill and blast operation!
Drilling and blasting is a critical process for mining, civil construction and extractive industries throughout the world. Drill and blast has the potential to make or break an operation.
This master class will deliver to you the tools you need to effectively understand and manage your drill and blast operation. The tools will allow your company to improve competitiveness, reduce overall costs and place your operation in a better position not only in the African market but also in the global market.
This training will deliver vital practical information on drilling, rock breaking and blasting as well as the latest advances in bulk explosives, high explosives and initiating systems which are currently emerging in the market.
You will take away calculation tools, industry best practice rules of thumb, a selection of presentation slides and much more.
After completion of the workshop, Michael will also be available to assist you going forward in setting up the tools that will ensure your drill and blast operation is safe and cost effective.
Optimising your drill and blast operations as part of the mine to mill mentality is a vital cog in any mining, civil construction or extractive operation. Getting the drill and blast right will form a solid base to being cost effective in all downstream operations.
The survival of an operation is no longer just about making money. The economic success of a drill and blast operation in the 21st century now includes key performance indicators focused on safety, health and environment as well as the dollars and cents.
Key benefits of attending
- Interpreting and utilising the industry best practice rules on drilling and blasting
- Understanding the mechanics of rock breaking and rock blasting
- Exploring the latest in initiating systems and designs to optimise productivity
- Optimising costs with good blast designs
- Handling drill and blast data
- Complying with regulations and legislation
- Improving fragmentation and casting
- Minimising ore dilution
- Managing environmental requirements for ground vibration, airblast, flyrock and fumes.
Who Should Attend:
Attendees who can benefit form this course include but not limited to:
- Drill & Blast Engineer/Manager/Supervisor/Specialist/Foreman
- GM Operations
- Technical Superintendent/Manager
- Mining Production Superintendent
- Mining Project Manager
- Mine Manager/Operators
- Blasting Crew
- Shot firers
- Legislators and regulators
From the industries:
- Civil Construction
- Development and Infrastructure
- Engineering Services
- Oil and Gas
- Power and Utilities
- Extractive industries
- Environmental industries
- Archaeological companies
The workshop will be tailored to people from all areas of the explosives and blasting industry with a basic knowledge of explosives and blasting through to a more technical understanding. The programme leader is highly skilled at working through complex technical concepts in an easy to understand manner.
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5b329m/three_day_africa?w=4