Draft clear and concise commercial agreements that meet the challenges of today's commercial environment
All legal disputes are founded in the interpretation of written contracts; they are one of the largest causes of costly commercial litigation. Clarity and fair constructions are the key to a successful commercial agreement, and quick and reasonable dispute resolution, if dispute should arise.
To address these issues, this comprehensive two-part programme was developed and focuses on delivering practical and applied training of the key drafting skills needed to create transparent and direct contracts that deliver on a legal and commercial level.
- Part I: Drafting Commercial Contracts focuses on developing a robust structure and formation to your contracts and expanding your drafting skills to deliver concise and watertight agreements.
- Part II: Drafting Legal Clauses looks in more detail at the more complex clauses and how they can be drafted and applied to leverage commercial value and manage legal risk.
Why you should attend
- Examine assignment and novation to ensure you are suitably protected in the case of transfer or sale of rights
- Consider the purpose and effect of typical boilerplate clauses and how you can leverage value for your organisation through clearer drafting
- Get-to-grips with payments and interest terms to understand how penalties can be applied
- Expand your knowledge of the risk of drafting a contract without a confidentiality clause
- Master practical drafting techniques to write concise and effective agreements
- Examine special contractual arrangements and letters of intent
- Learn how to interpret variations and time of essence clauses
- Clarify - Clarify the distinction between best endeavours' and reasonable endeavours' essential terminology in commercial contracts
- Get up-to-date with the use and drafting of contractual warranties and indemnities
- Understand the effect of exclusion and limitation clauses and how they can be used to manage your exposure
Who Should Attend:
- In house lawyers
- Solicitors in private practice
- Legal and para-legal executives
- Commercial directors and managers
- Contracts managers
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h39rl9/3day_drafting?w=4