DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--By 2030, depression and mental health problems will be among the most widespread and costly diseases in the developed world. Promoting resilience can prevent depression, anxiety and behavior problems in young people. Additionally, societal discourse has become increasingly fraught with polarization and distrust.
How do we as a global society, seemingly mired in personal and political conflict, find a solution?
One promising answer—a global movement to make the world a happier place. An American organization, Live Happy, wants to mobilize the world during the month of March to get behind the UN-sanctioned International Day of Happiness, Tuesday, March 20. Now in its fifth year, the month long #HappyActs celebration offers an easy way for participants to spread happiness and make a positive difference in their lives and the lives of those around them.
“It’s easy to participate,” says #HappyActs spokesperson Deborah Heisz. “You can start simply, by making someone’s day a little brighter, or you can go bigger by spreading happiness on one of the Happiness Walls going up worldwide.”
#HappyActs sponsor Nerium International is partnering with Live Happy by building a record-breaking number of Happiness Walls in schools, malls and public places across North America and globally. The wall is one of a range of activities and fun ideas to be found at www.happyacts.org including:
- Perform and share your Happy Acts during March or post your own Happy Dance on social media using the hashtag #HappyActs. Need ideas? Download a free #HappyActs calendar to get inspiration.
- Create a wall. Download a free Happiness Wall kit or purchase a wall kit from the Live Happy online store.
- Text 64600 with the word HappyActs for reminders and suggestions on sharing happiness in March and sign up for the official e-newsletter at happyacts.org.
- Visit a Live Happy Happiness Wall; for a complete list of wall locations, go to happyacts.org/map.
- During March, download the current digital edition of Live Happy magazine on iTunes or Google Play for free.
Research shows that happy people tend to be more successful, live longer, connect better with family and friends, miss less work and donate more. The science behind happiness, positive psychology, provides real world ways to lead more fulfilling lives and help others do the same.
Live Happy and Nerium are supporting this action by encouraging everyone to share what they can do to spread happiness on a local Happiness Wall. They are offering in kind support to give twenty students the opportunity to receive scholarships to attend the World Positive Education Accelerator June 25-28 in Fort Worth, Texas in recognition of those who participate.