WALL, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) announced it ranks highest in the East Region in J.D. Power’s latest 2017 Gas Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study℠, outperforming its peers. The company received high marks for its commitment to service excellence with an overall customer satisfaction index of 827, exceeding the regional average of 782 and the industry average of 792. Since J.D. Power began measuring the customer satisfaction of natural gas utilities more than 16 years ago, NJNG has been recognized 12 times for its ongoing commitment to customers.
“To rank highest in both J.D. Power Gas Utility Residential and Business Customer Satisfaction studies is a tremendous accomplishment,” said Laurence M. Downes, chairman and CEO of New Jersey Natural Gas. “The women and men of our company made this possible, and they are the driving force behind these results and all we do.”
According to J.D. Power, a natural gas utility’s safety preparation is perceived positively among business customers, with NJNG ranking highest in the safety and reliability category. NJNG ranks highest in five of six factors measured among 61 natural gas utility companies, with the company also achieving the highest score in customer service, price, corporate citizenship and communications factors in the East Region of the 2017 Gas Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study.
New Jersey Natural Gas received the highest numerical score In the East region of the J .D. Power 2017 Gas Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study, and the East Large Segment of the 2017 Residential Customer Satisfaction study. 2017 Studies are based on 10,050 (business) and 61,323 (residential) total responses, 15 (business) and 12 (residential) providers, and measures customer satisfaction among business and residential customers in the U.S., surveyed February-June and August-November 2017 (business) and September 2016-July 2017 (residential). Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE:NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that, through its subsidiaries, provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution, asset management and home services. NJR is composed of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas, NJR’s principal subsidiary, operates and maintains over 7,400 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris, Middlesex and Burlington counties.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity of more than 315 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its 50 percent equity ownership in the Steckman Ridge natural gas storage facility and its stake in Dominion Midstream Partners, L.P., as well as its 20 percent equity interest in the PennEast Pipeline Project.
- NJR Home Services provides service contracts as well as heating, central air conditioning, water heaters, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes throughout New Jersey.
NJR and its more than 1,000 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad, iPhone and Android.