DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Energy/Electricity Hedging, Trading, Futures, Options & Derivatives" conference has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This proven program is for energy and electric power professionals who are looking for a comprehensive and clearly explained understanding of natural gas, oil and electricity financial instruments, the markets they trade in, and how these powerful tools can be used to manage risk and structure profitable transactions. A discussion of how the Blockchain, smart contracts and atomic swaps might effect the energy markets has been added to the program.
What You Will Learn:
- How to use futures contracts, options, swaps, trigger deals, The Master Energy Hedging Equation and other techniques to create customized risk management solutions to protect your company from natural gas, oil and electricity price risk, basis & LMP risk, delivery risk and volumetric (intermittency) risk.
- How physical and cash settled futures contracts, over-the-counter energy swaps and physical forward contracts are traded and the purposes served by these markets.
- How the ICE and CME-NYMEX futures exchanges and electronic marketplaces function, and what the differences are between ICE OTC, ICE Futures, CME Globex, CME Clearport Services and The Nodal Exchange.
- How block-chain technology, smart contracts and atomic swaps may impact energy transactions and markets.
- How "cash margining" is done with a futures exchange, its cash management impact and the role of the Clearinghouse.
- What the differences are between a futures commission merchant ("FCM"), over-the-counter broker, trader, market-maker, power marketer and wholesale energy merchant.
- What basis risk is, and how basis, spread, LMP and delivery risks can blow up your energy and electricity hedges.
- Why Trigger Deals are so popular, and what the difference is between the financial and physical basis ("fin" and "phys").
- How to structure profitable energy, electric power, and petroleum transactions without exposure to price risk; how to financially create synthetic energy assets; and how to financially turn one commodity into another.
- How to make money by buying valuable energy options from your customers and suppliers, and how your company may be missing a significant financial opportunity.
- Why "extendible" deals are so profitable, and how energy trading floors "trade around assets."
- What the terms "Contango" and "Backwardation" mean.
- Where to find the four different Master Sales & Purchase Agreement templates which contain the standard industry bilateral contract language for physical & financial natural gas and electric power transactions.
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/65lwwj/two_day_program?w=4