DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Oil Downstream Activities Market Global Briefing 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Oil Downstream Activities market global briefing provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global oil downstream activities sector.
The oil downstream activities market in this report is segmented into refined petroleum products manufacturing and asphalt, lubricating oil and grease manufacturing segments.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the oil downstream activities market in 2017, accounting for around 37% market share. North America was the second largest region accounting for around 20% market share. Africa was the smallest region accounting for around 3.5% market share.
Gas to Liquid Technology
To reduce the pollution levels, companies have started adopting the gas to liquid technology which produce high quality petroleum products. The gas to liquid technology is the conversion of natural gas to high quality liquid products such as transportation fuels, motor oils, naphtha, diesel and waxes. This technology uses natural gas as a substitute to crude oil as gas and is considered to be the cleanest burning fossil fuel and is abundant, versatile and easily affordable.
The by-products obtained by using the GTL technology are colorless, odorless and contain negligent amounts of impurities. Shell, Chevron and PetroSA have adopted this technology to produce transportation fuels, oils and by products to produce plastics, detergents and cosmetics.
- Markets Covered: Refined Petroleum Products Manufacturing and Asphalt, Lubricating Oil and Grease Manufacturing
- Companies Mentioned: Royal Dutch Shell, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Total SA and LUKOIL PJSC Geographic scope: Asia Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East, Africa
- Time Series: Five years historic (2013-17) and forecast (2017-21).
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/v5f57k/global_oil?w=4