PITTSBURGH--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PPG (NYSE:PPG) today announced that the PPG Foundation invested more than $63,000 in eight organizations in 2017 on behalf of PPG’s automotive refinish business, which operates an administrative office in Pittsburgh and two manufacturing facilities in Ohio.
The grant recipients and funding purposes were:
- American Association of University Women: $19,550 in scholarships for middle school girls to become involved in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) through a week-long, hands-on summer camp.
- Flying Horse Farms: $12,000 for the recruitment of volunteers and a free camp experience for children with serious illnesses and their families.
- Franklin University: $5,000 for the University Excellence Fund, which provides students with scholarships and academic success services.
- Collision Repair Education Foundation (I-CAR): $20,000 in scholarships for students studying how to properly repair collision-damaged vehicles.
- Rosedale Technical College: $1,000 to the collision repair lab for hands-on training programs.
- Thaddeus Stevens Foundation: $1,000 to support training of post-secondary students in the Collision Repair Technology program.
- The Ohio State Formula Buckeyes: $3,000 for a student project to construct and test an open-wheel race car.
- United Way of Delaware County: $2,000 to the Strengthening Families Initiative, which enhances the lives of Delaware County residents through comprehensive programming from, and collaborations with, more than 30 local social service agencies, government agencies and non-traditional partners.
“PPG and the PPG Foundation are proud to support organizations that support youth education and help improve the sustainability of communities where PPG operates,” said John Parran, PPG director of platinum distribution programs, Automotive Refinish, North America.
PPG and the PPG Foundation aim to bring color and brightness to PPG communities around the world. We invested more than $10.5 million in 2017, supporting hundreds of community organizations across 29 countries. By investing in educational opportunities, we help grow today’s skilled workforce and develop tomorrow’s innovators in fields related to coatings and manufacturing. Plus, we empower PPG employees to multiply their impact for causes that are important to them by supporting their volunteer efforts and charitable giving. Learn more at www.ppgcommunities.com and follow @PPG_Communities on Twitter.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
At PPG (NYSE:PPG), we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries and reported net sales of $14.8 billion in 2017. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com.
We protect and beautify the world is a trademark and the PPG Logo is a registered trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.