DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Multiple Sclerosis - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecasts to 2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical & forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends of Multiple Sclerosis in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and United Kingdom), and Japan.
According to research, the global market of Multiple Sclerosis was estimated to be USD 21.25 billion in 2016.
The prevalent population of Multiple Sclerosis was estimated to be 1.98 Million [7MM] in 2016. United States accounts for the highest MS Cases, followed by EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain & UK) and Japan. In United States, the peak prevalence has been observed in patients aged 45-49 years in both female and male participants.
The drugs marketed for the treatment of mainly include disease-modifying therapies (DMT) - Copaxone, Tecfidera, Gilenya, Tysabri, Avonex, Aubagio, Lemtrada, Ocrevus, Rebif , Betaseron, Extavia, Plegridy, Fampyra, and Zinbryta . Detailed chapters for all of these drugs, along with the upcoming therapies i.e., [Siponimod (Novartis), Ponesimod (Johnson and Johnson), Ozanimod (Celgene), Ofatumumab (Novartis), Ublituximab (TG Therapeutics), ALKS 8700 (Alkermes Plc), and Mavenclad (Merck KgaA)] have been covered in the report.
- AB Science
- Acorda Therapeutics
- Bayer Healthcare
- Celgene Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- MedDay Pharma
- Merck KGA
- Teva Pharmaceutical
- TG Therapeutics
Key Topics Covered:
1. Report Introduction
2. Multiple Sclerosis Market Overview at a Glance
3. Disease Background and Overview: Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
4. Epidemiology and Patient Population
5. Epidemiology of Multiple Sclerosis
6. United States
11. United Kingdom
13. Treatment Algorithm
14. Unmet Needs
15. Marketed Drugs
16. Betaferon: Bayer Healthcare
17. Rebif: Merck KGA
18. Copaxone: Teva Pharmaceutical
19. Avonex: Biogen Idec. Limited
20. Tysabri: Biogen Idec. Limited
21. Fampyra/Ampyra: Acorda Therapeutics/Biogen Idec Ltd.
22. Gilenya: Novartis
23. Aubagio: Genzyme
24. Tecfidera: Biogen Idec Ltd.
25. Plegridy: Biogen Idec Ltd.
26. Lemtrada: Genzyme
27. Zinbryta: Biogen Idec
28. Ocrevus: Genentech
29. Mavenclad: Merck
30. Emerging Therapies
31. Global Market Size of Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
32. United States
34. EU-5 Broken Down by Countries
36. Trends observed in MS therapies Cost in United States
37. Generic Competition in MS Market
38. Market Drivers
39. Market Barriers
41. Report Methodology
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c38d2q/2018_global?w=4