DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Diagnostic Equipment Market Global Briefing 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Diagnostic Equipment Market Global Briefing 2018 provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global diagnostic equipment market.
Diagnostic equipment is used for identifying the presence and cause of disease, assessing the nature of disease, designating a course of treatment, monitoring the effects of interventions and determining the recurrence of existing disease. The diagnostic equipment market doesn't include invitro diagnostics products that are used to detect diseases, infections and conditions by examining specimens derived from human body such as tissues, blood, stool, urine and other body fluids.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the diagnostic equipment market in 2017, accounting for around 33% market share. North America was the second largest region accounting for around 27% market share. Africa was the smallest region accounting for around 3% market share.
Portable diagnostic equipment is expected to be a fast growing segment, and competitors are focusing on developing new and innovative portable equipment during the forecast period. Owing to their ease of use and point-of-care applications, their adoption rates are steadily increasing not only for emergency and intensive care units in hospitals, but also as a part of homecare organizations. There is also a growing need for portable devices in the emergency care units for easy and quick usage, faster interventions for acute events, and better monitoring.
Some of the well-known products include Samsung Electronics' 32-SLICE CT scanner, Brain Biosciences' CERPET portable PET scanner, Siemens Healthcare's Mobilett mira max portable X-ray systems and Sonosite's MicroMaxx portable ultrasound system.
- Markets Covered: X-ray Systems, Ultrasound Systems, Computed Tomography (CT) Scanners, Magnetic Resonance Imaging Systems, Cardiovascular Monitoring and Diagnostic Devices, and Nuclear Imaging Devices
- Geographic Scope: Asia Pacific, North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, Middle East and Africa.
- Time Series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- Siemens Healthcare
- Hitachi Medical Systems
- GE Healthcare
- Philips Healthcare
- Fujifilm Holdings
- Hologic Inc.
- Carestream Health Inc.
- Konica Minolta
- Varian Medical Systems
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qk2zn2/global_diagnostic?w=4