DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Cardiovascular Drugs Market Global Briefing 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Cardiovascular Drugs Market Global Briefing 2018 provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global cardiovascular drugs market.
Cardiovascular drugs market covers the drugs used to treat conditions that affect the heart or blood vessels. These conditions include heart stroke, coronary artery diseases, valvular diseases, peripheral venous diseases, pericarditis, endocarditis, cardiac tumors, arteriosclerosis, and lymphatic diseases. Some of the major cardiovascular drugs include anti-hypertensive drugs such as calcium channel blockers and Angiotensin II receptor antagonists, and hypolipidemic drugs such as fibric acid derivatives and bile acid binding resins.
North America was the largest region in the cardiovascular drugs market in 2017, accounting for around 40% market share. This can be attributed to the high level of healthcare facilities, awareness among people, and GDP of the country. Asia Pacific was the second largest region accounting for around 23% market share. The prevalence of cardiovascular diseases is high in this region. Other factors contributing to the market include availability of a large number of generic drugs, and increasing treatment facilities. Western Europe was the third largest region accounting for around 20% market share.
Companies in the market are focusing on R&D. Areas of development include pacemakers, coronary stents, angioplasty products and implantable cardiac defibrillators. for instance, introduction of bio absorbable vascular stents in percutaneous coronary interventions is promising. in July 2016, the FDA approved the first fully absorbable stent, Absorb GT1 BVS manufactured by Abbott Vascular for coronary artery disease. It offers a new treatment option for patients undergoing angioplasty and opting for absorbable devices instead of metallic stents. in April 2016, FDA approved the world's first leadless pacemaker, Micra Transcatheter Pacemaker System to treat heart rhythm disorders, which is manufactured by Medtronic Plc. This pacemaker can deliver percutaneously directly into the right ventricle through a minimally invasive approach, and does not require the use of wired leads in providing electrical connection between heart and pulse-generating devices.
- Markets Covered: Cardiovascular Drugs, Anti-Hypertensive Drugs, Hypolipidemics, Anti Thrombotics, Other Drugs For Cardiovascular Diseases.
- Companies Mentioned: Medtronic Plc, Abbott Laboratories Inc. and Boston Scientific Corporation
- Geographic Scope: Asia Pacific, North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, Middle East and Africa.
- Time Series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- Medtronic Plc
- Abbott Laboratories Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/chx948/global?w=4