CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, will present the latest State of the Science Summit™ on gastrointestinal malignancies at the JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square on March 1 from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. The event will be co-chaired by Alan Venook, M.D., Shorenstein associate director for program development, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, professor department of medicine (hematology/ oncology), UCSF, Madden Family Distinguished Professorship in medical oncology and translation research, UCSF and Andrew Ko, M.D., professor, department of medicine (hematology/ oncology), UCSF.
A faculty of renowned oncologists will join the co-chairs to share updates on pancreatic cancer, metastatic colorectal cancer and adjuvant colon cancer. Strategies for gastroesophageal cancer management, neuroendocrine tumors and integration of immunotherapy into the treatment of hepatocellular cancer will also be discussed.
Faculty from Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, UCSF includes:
- Chloe Atreya, M.D., Ph.D., assistant clinical professor, department of medicine
- Emily Bergsland, M.D., professor of clinical medicine, associate director of education, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center Ernest Rosenbaum, M.D., Endowed Chair in Medical Oncology
- Eric Collisson, M.D., associate professor, department of medicine
- John Gordan, M.D., Ph.D., assistant professor, division of hematology/ oncology
- R. Kate Kelley, M.D., associate professor of clinical medicine, department of medicine, division of hematology/oncology
- Margaret Tempero, M.D., director, UCSF Pancreas Center, leader, Pancreas Cancer Program, professor of medicine, division of hematology and oncology, Rombauer Family Distinguished professorship in Pancreas Cancer Clinical and Translational Science
- Katherine Van Loon, M.D., M.P.H, assistant clinical professor, director, Global Cancer Program
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® with medical experts from across the nation. The series integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, including medical and surgical oncology and hematology, with the goal to discuss current treatment options.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals. Dinner and drinks will be served. For more information and to register, visit www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Allison Cooper at ACooper@curetoday.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for Michael J. Hennessy Associates’ Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.