With the significant increase in the number of firms the FCA regulate, unless you are a Pillar 1 organisation (large banking or insurance institution), far more of their regulatory and oversight work is carried out at a distance. They may be looking at your company without you knowing. The first you become aware of their interest maybe as part of a thematic review, a request for information or a Dear CEO letter. How you respond to their initial communications sets the scene for the interaction that follows.
At the centre of a successful interaction is your ability to portray confidence, have a keen attention to detail, recognise the importance of documentation and to think like the regulator. Firms that do not consider FCA interactions until they happen leave themselves open to rushed responses, significantly increased stress levels and a tangible drop in productivity.
After the course, you can be confident of returning to the office with a much clearer understanding of which systems and processes need attention, allowing you to efficiently allocate valuable time, effort and resource.
What Will You Learn:
By participating in this very practical one day course you will:
- Learn what to expect from a regulatory visit and how to prepare for the best possible outcome
- Understand what the Regulator is focusing on and learn how to address it
- Find out what kind of questions you may be asked and how to answer them
- Identify any weaknesses within your organisation and learn how to address them
- Learn how to prepare yourself to demonstrate confidence and avoid unnecessary stress
Main Topics Covered During This Training:
- How the regulator operates and what do they focus on
- How will you know the PRA/FCA are about to visit
- Assessing potential risk and impact on your business
- Areas of focus for the regulator during the visit
- Best strategies to prepare for the visit
- Senior Management preparation
- Post-visit requirements
For more information about this training visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dzpmhm/one_day_course?w=4