DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Apparel Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Apparel Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2018 provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global apparel manufacturing market.
Apparel manufacturing establishments are engaged in the manufacturing of hosiery, socks, knitting of fabric, cutting and sewing of apparel and accessories and their sale.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the apparel manufacturing market in 2017, accounting for around 40% market share. This is due to high demand from developing countries such as China and India, which also has large population base. North America was the second largest region accounting for around 24% market share. South America was the smallest region accounting for around 4% market share.
Technological advances in material sciences and nano technology is stimulating the demand for smart fabrics. Smart fabrics have digital components such as sensors embedded in the fabric. They have the ability to interact with the individual and their environment, by tracking and communicating data about the individual and environment to other devices through sensors and conductive yarns. They are widely used in fashion, entertainment, medical, transportation, sports and fitness and military.
For instance, Ralph Lauren in 2014 launched technology enabled tennis shirts that monitored hear rate, breathing and stress levels among players.
- Markets Covered: Hosiery and Sock Mills, Other Apparel Knitting Mills, Cut and Sew Apparel Contractors, Men's and Boys' Cut and Sew Apparel Manufacturing, Women's, Girls', and Infants' Cut and Sew Apparel Manufacturing, Other Cut and Sew Apparel Manufacturing, and Apparel Accessories and Other Apparel Manufacturing.
- Time Series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
- L Brands
- Levi Strauss Co
- HUGO BOSS
- Kering SA
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nk346s/global_apparel?w=4