CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, a leading digital provider of resources and information to oncology professionals, will host the latest State of the Science Summit™ on Genitourinary Cancers from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 27, at The Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California.
The program will be co-chaired by Robert A. Figlin, M.D., director of the division of hematology/oncology, deputy director of the integrated oncology service line, Steven Spielberg Family Chair in Hematology-Oncology, and professor of biomedical sciences and medicine at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, and Edwin Posadas, M.D., medical director of the urologic oncology program, co-director of the translational oncology program and clinical director of genitourinary medical oncology program at the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute, and associate professor of medicine at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
This comprehensive educational event will highlight clinical benefits associated with emerging research and science in genitourinary cancer treatment and management. Distinguished co-chairs and faculty will share insight on topics including sequencing strategies for kidney cancer, new developments in immunotherapy for genitourinary cancers, and diet and lifestyle interventions in prostate cancer.
Speakers from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center will include:
- Ani Balmanoukian, M.D., director of thoracic oncology and associate director of the phase one immune-oncology program at The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute, a Cedars-Sinai affiliate
- Timothy Daskivich, M.D., assistant professor of surgery
- Stephen Freedland, M.D., Warschaw, Robertson, Law Families Chair in Prostate Cancer; associate director of faculty development at Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute; co-director of the cancer genetics and prevention program; director of the Center for Integrated Research in Cancer and Lifestyle; and professor of surgery
- Amit Gupta, M.D., urologist
- Hyung Kim, M.D., Medallion Group Chair in Urology, director of the academic urology program, co-medical director of the urologic oncology program, associate director of surgical research at the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute, associate director of the urology residency training program and professor of surgery
- Howard Sandler, M.D., Ronald H. Bloom Family Chair in Cancer Therapeutics, chair of the department of radiation oncology, director of the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute and professor of radiation oncology
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® with medical experts from across the nation. Aiming to discuss the current treatment options, the summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, including medical and surgical oncology and hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and drinks will be served. For more information and to register, visit onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Allison Cooper at ACooper@curetoday.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive.com offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive® is the official website of Michael J. Hennessy Associates’ Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. Michael J. Hennessy Associates Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.