IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Miramontes Capital recorded an impressive year of success in 2017 as it de-risked customer portfolios to navigate the turbulent financial market ahead.
“2017 was a great year. Over the past 12 months, we’ve seen tremendous progress with a growth rate of 22 percent, which does not include our expanding 401K advisory business,” said Sid Miramontes, President and CEO of Miramontes Capital. “We also have increased our head count 30 percent and added more than 60 new accounts were added, a 7 percent increase.”
Miramontes conducted 27 investment seminars in 2017, illustrating the firm’s commitment to making its clients more informed and engaged decision makers. Miramontes investment opportunities for 2018 include:
- Lithium is a Bright Spot – Lithium investment is a great opportunity for a portfolio, due to the tremendous buyer-driven demand for cellphones, electric cars and computer electronics. Lithium can be purchased as a commodity, as part of a fund or through lithium mining companies.
- Investing in European Markets – The majority of U.S. investors only have 3 percent of their investments in the European market, which for most investors seeking a balanced portfolio should be closer to 10 percent. Most Miramontes Capital investors are moving that to a larger percentage. In fact, Miramontes Capital was already moving investments out of U.S. equities and into the international markets last year.
- Stabilizing Bonds – Bonds go far in giving your portfolio stability. By moving a small amount of your portfolio into short term bonds each quarter for the four quarters of 2018, investors can reduce the risk of a downturn in the market.
- Shifting Sand – Volatile markets don’t require drastic shifts, but a slow and steady transition. By re-allocating funds incrementally each quarter for the remainder of the year, investors can lock in gains and stabilize the overall portfolio.
- Mutual Funds that Pay – Factoring in whether a mutual fund pays dividends can help determine the best investment strategy for each person. These dividends can make up a steady stream of income that may add some stability to a portfolio in a volatile market.
About Miramontes Capital
Miramontes Capital provides concierge advisory services and financial guidance to individuals making the transition into retirement. The company is an independent registered investment advisor (RIA) founded with the mission to guide, lead and support clients to achieve meaningful life goals. Clients receive personalized investment strategy, considering each client’s unique values and objectives.
Miramontes Capital, LLC is a Registered Investment Adviser. This material is solely for informational purposes. Advisory services are only offered to clients or prospective clients where Miramontes Capital, LLC and its representatives are properly licensed or exempt from licensure. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. Investing involves risk and possible loss of principal capital. No advice may be rendered by Miramontes Capital, LLC unless a client service agreement is in place.