Mining Market Global Briefing provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global mining sector.
Internet of Things technology gives miners greater insights on the working condition of their equipment. Sensors on the mining machinery drives predictive maintenance that in turn reduces the likelihood of unplanned, unscheduled downtimes that often drain the resources of mining companies. IoT technology gives realistic insights on machine wear and tear rates that enable miners to plan maintenance schedule accordingly.
Mining is the process of extracting minerals, metals and other valuable materials from the earth crust. Metals and minerals extracted from raw materials are widely used in industries such as agriculture, manufacturing, transportation, utilities, communication, and construction. Sand and gravel, coal and stone are non-metallic products of the mining industry.
The Mining market in this report is segmented into coal, lignite, and anthracite mining, metal ore mining, support activities for mining, copper, nickel, lead, and zinc mining, stone mining and general mineral mining segments.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the mining market in 2017, accounting for around 64% market share. This is mainly because most countries in the region have significant demand for these minerals and large mineral resources. Asia Pacific makes up almost two-thirds of the global non-ferrous mineral exploration expenditure. North America was the second largest region accounting for over 10% market share. Middle East was the smallest region accounting for less than 3% market share.
- Markets Covered: Coal, Lignite, and Anthracite Mining, Metal Ore Mining, Support Activities For Mining, Copper, Nickel, Lead, and Zinc Mining, Stone Mining and Quarrying, and General Mineral Mining
- Companies Mentioned: Glencore Plc, BHP Billiton Ltd, Vale SA, Rio Tinto Group, CRH Plc, Anglo American Plc, Coal India Limited, ShenHua Group, Corporacion Nacional del Cobre de Chile (Codelco), Barrick Gold, China Coal Energy Co Ltd
- Geographic Scope: Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa
- Time Series: Five years historic (2013-17) and forecast (2017-21).
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Data Segmentations: Regional breakdowns, market share of competitors, key sub segments.
- Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wbsrdx/global_mining?w=4