DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (NYSE:JEC) has been awarded six business achievement awards by the Environmental Business Journal (EBJ) and the Climate Change Business Journal (CCBJ). The prestigious industry awards span achievement in professional services, technology, industry leadership and consulting and engineering.
The Jacobs team, combined with CH2M (acquired by Jacobs on December 15, 2017), will receive the EBJ and CCBJ awards at the 16th Annual Environmental Industry Summit on March 21-23, in San Diego, California. Jacobs’ technical experts will also participate as featured panelists at the summit.
“We are proud to be recognized as a market leader in environmental solutions, climate adaptation, technology, resilience and sustainable infrastructure,” said Aerospace, Technology, Environmental and Nuclear Senior Vice President and General Manager Global Environmental Solutions Jan Walstrom. “Our award-winning industry leadership contributions are a testament to the business vision and sustainable approach of our combined Jacobs and CH2M team, and the projects we deliver for our clients.”
In conferring the awards, EBJ and CCBJ recognized the company for a broad spectrum of awards including:
- EBJ - Large Firms, Gold ($1B) Business Achievement: For creating a $15 billion professional services leader focused on delivering innovative solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. The acquisition of CH2M unites two industry-leading, innovative companies with complementary capabilities, cultures and relationships, resulting in a differentiated, end-to-end value proposition for clients and partners.
- EBJ - Technology Merit: GIS and Mobile Data Solutions – Collection, Analysis, Visualization and Reporting Technology for Linear Projects: For teaming GIS technologists, site planning and permitting professionals to create a customized, near real-time field data collection and reporting program that increases data integrity, accessibility, transparency and flexibility while decreasing reporting levels of effort by 90 percent.
- EBJ - Technology Merit: Autonomous and connected vehicle policy framework: For working with Nevada Department of Transportation to develop a vision and collaborative policy framework for autonomous vehicle (AV) and connected vehicle (CV) initiatives, connecting Nevada through smart infrastructure and using transportation as a launch point for Smart Cities, Smart Regions and Smart States.
- EBJ - New Technical Practice: Emerging Contaminants: For culmination of a 5-year program to establish industry leadership in emerging contaminants (PFAS & 1,4-dioxane) found in drinking water worldwide. In 2017, the firm was selected for Society of American Military Engineers National Environmental Committee Vice Chair for Emerging Issues; Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council Writing Co-Lead, PFAS Remediation; spokesperson U.S. EPA Emerging Contaminants Workshop; and worked on 40 EC projects, doubling average annual revenue growth for five years.
- EBJ - Industry Leadership: Envision Programmatic framework, planning and designing resilient infrastructure: For developing a Resiliency and Sustainability Framework for infrastructure, with comprehensive program development and decision support system. Cities like Los Angeles, California are using the framework to evaluate economic, environmental and social impacts of infrastructure projects, resulting in consistent, predictable, resilient outcomes that reduce costs and align stakeholders.
- CCBJ - Consulting and Engineering Climate Adaptation and Resilience: For completing the first phase of the Thames Estuary Asset Management 2100 (TEAM 2100) system, the iconic barrier infrastructure that protects London from tidal flooding. The UK Environment Agency’s largest flood-risk management program and one of UK’s top infrastructure projects, extends flood protection service until 2070, yet reduces whole-life costs of up £100 million over 10 years.
Download full descriptions of the award-winning projects here.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With $15 billion in fiscal 2017 revenue when combined with full-year CH2M revenues and a talent force of more than 74,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors. For more information, visit www.jacobs.com, and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Statements made in this release that are not based on historical fact are forward-looking statements. We base these forward-looking statements on management’s current estimates and expectations as well as currently available competitive, financial and economic data. Forward-looking statements, however, are inherently uncertain. There are a variety of factors that could cause business results to differ materially from our forward-looking statements. For a description of some of the factors which may occur that could cause actual results to differ from our forward-looking statements please refer to our Form 10-K for the year ended September 29, 2017, and in particular the discussions contained under Items 1 - Business, 1A - Risk Factors, 3 - Legal Proceedings, and 7 - Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations. We do not undertake to update any forward-looking statements made herein.