DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Optical Interconnects and AOCs for Consumer Electronics and Professional Video Applications: a Market Analysis" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides a ten-year roadmap and competitive analysis of the emerging market for optical connectivity products for consumer electronics applications and closely related video applications.
Until recently optical communications in the home was limited to niches for audiophiles and videophiles. However, new applications such as virtual reality and home networking are creating high volume opportunities for both established fiber optics companies and startups. Meanwhile, these opportunities are expanding to include professional video and A/V applications.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Why optics is needed in the consumer electronics market and how it will replace copper
- Applications driving the use of optical connectivity in the home (gaming, virtual reality, home networking, Internet-of-Things, home theater, video extension, home video editing, and lighting)
- The role for optical interconnects and AOCs in professional video editing, broadcasting, A/V applications and the movie industry
- Technology and product analysis (Current and future products, consumer AOCs and optical interconnects, the role of POF, residential optical hubs, relevant standards, relevant data rates and evolution of connectorization technologies, video quality and definition,)
- Market analysis by country (focus on North America, Germany, France, UK, Other Europe, China, Japan, Other).
- Analysis of supply chain and marketing for consumer optical connectivity (Opportunities for cable and component suppliers, retail perspectives, market messaging and market shares by country)
- Pricing strategies for consumer optical networking products.
At the core of this report is a highly granular ten-year forecast based on 35 years of experience analyzing fiber optics.
The report also profiles all the leading suppliers of consumer optical communications and related professional products including established players, emergent Chinese vendors and the latest innovators, along with quantitative market shares of the AOC market leaders.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter One: Introduction
Chapter Two: Residential/Professional Markets for Optical Communications
Chapter Three: Technology for Home/Professional Optical Interconnection
Appendix A: 10-Year Forecast of Consumer/Professional Optical Interconnection
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bntqsm/global_optical?w=4