BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Perfecto, the leading continuous testing and monitoring platform for optimizing DevOps pipelines, today announced a more than 30 percent increase in revenue growth in 2017. Perfecto expanded its customer base, adding dozens of new customers and significantly expanded relationships within its existing customer portfolio. Thirty percent of the Fortune 500 financial companies are Perfecto customers.
As organizations mature their agile practices and embrace DevOps, developers are taking on greater responsibility for app quality as they focus on improving development velocity. Perfecto’s momentum in 2017 demonstrates the critical role the company plays in addressing the market need for technologies that empower enterprises to accelerate delivery of new features to consumers across industries and platforms.
Contributing to Perfecto’s record year, the company experienced significant growth driven by its web testing business and Internet of Things (IoT) proliferation. Perfecto’s web testing tools, introduced in 2016, continue to be the organization’s fastest growing area of business. Web testing grew by 240 percent year-on-year, demonstrating the trust enterprises have in Perfecto as they strive to deliver consistent user experiences across both mobile and desktop platforms. Automotive, healthcare and home industry providers are redefining their offerings to leverage internet connectivity. Their embrace of IoT has resulted in tremendous growth for Perfecto. Consumer demand for connectivity features in new vehicles is creating Perfecto’s fastest-growing, and third-largest, industry vertical in 2017.
“2017 was a banner year for Perfecto and we are humbled by the support we received from so many enterprises in choosing our solutions to help them achieve their business goals,” said Eran Yaniv, CEO at Perfecto. “DevOps adoption is accelerating Perfecto’s profitable growth and affirming our commitment to deliver the market leading cloud platform for continuous testing across web, mobile and IoT. The market’s adoption of responsive web design is propelling our web testing business positioning us for strong growth.”
“Business leaders are recognizing that quality is a no compromise component of their digital brand experience,” said Jim Moran, Executive Chairman at Perfecto. “Perfecto is poised to thrive as digital transformation initiatives push software teams across virtually every industry to innovate with new approaches. The market is calling for an 800 pound gorilla and we look forward to taking that role.”
Additional highlights that aided in Perfecto’s profitable year, include:
- Key Executive Additions: Perfecto’s appointed Michael Carus as CFO in July, who brings more than 20 years of experience as a technology industry executive to the company. Jim Moran joined Perfecto’s board of directors as executive chairman to help the company accelerate its profitable growth as enterprises re-align teams to mature DevOps agile initiatives.
- Global Expansion: Perfecto expanded support for U.S. and international customers with the opening of a new, global Network Operations Center in Lowell, MA and adding desktop browser support in Germany and Australia, bringing its total data center count to 13 locations internationally.
- Developer-focused offerings: Perfecto launched new tools for developers that accelerate the web and mobile app development process through faster debugging and troubleshooting. Perfecto's cloud-based Continuous Quality Lab delivers new tools offering network traffic analysis and support for developer-friendly test frameworks across platforms, providing fast feedback to mobile and web developers, and development teams.
- Reporting Features: Perfecto announced enhancements to its Digital Zoom™ Reporting tool, including a new integration with Slack to help dev teams triage issues faster, as well as a Continuous Integration (CI) Dashboard to simplify quality reporting for management.
- Award-winning Partnerships: Perfecto continued to partner with leading global system integrators to help organizations realize their business objectives. In 2017, Perfecto selected Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) as the recipient of its annual Global System Integrator Partner of the Year, recognizing its success in enabling digital transformation initiatives and leveraging Perfecto’s technology to deliver innovations to market faster.
- Thought Leadership Highlights: Recognized by Amazon – Perfecto’s Digital Quality Handbook was one of Amazon’s best sellers on software quality in 2017.
- Industry Recognition: Ranked by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ - Perfecto was listed as one of the 500 fastest-growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy tech companies in North America.
Perfecto's Continuous Quality Lab enables DevOps teams to accelerate development, achieve continuous testing and monitoring, and drive fast feedback through actionable analytics for web, mobile and IoT apps. More than 3,000 customers rely on Perfecto’s cloud based Continuous Quality Lab as their digital app test environment and for authoring test automation executed on real browsers, smart phones and devices under real end-user conditions. For more information about Perfecto, visit perfectomobile.com, join our community, or follow us on Twitter at @PerfectoMobile.