Tecentriq (atezolizumab; Roche/Chugai) is a fully humanized monoclonal antibody that targets programmed death-ligand 1 (PD-L1).
PD-L1 is expressed on the surface of antigen-presenting cells and some tumor cells. PD-L1 binds to programmed death-1 (PD-1) co-inhibitory receptors which are expressed on the surface of T cells after T-cell activation.
The receptor ligand interaction produces inhibitory signals which regulate T-cell activation and promote immune tolerance, which favors tumor progression. By blocking the PD-L1/PD-1 interaction, Tecentriq enables T-cell activation and allows the immune system to mount a more effective anti-tumor response.
- Tecentriq: Prostate cancer
- Tecentriq: Colorectal cancer (CRC)
- Tecentriq: Ovarian cancer
- Tecentriq: Bladder cancer
- Tecentriq: Renal cell cancer (RCC)
- Tecentriq: Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- atezolizumab: Breast cancer: triple-negative
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4rj49c/2018_tecentriq?w=4