This Market Spotlight report covers the Norovirus market, comprising key pipeline drugs, clinical trials, recent events, and an epidemiological overview.
- Worldwide, about one out of every five cases of acute gastroenteritis is associated with norovirus. Norovirus is responsible for approximately 685 million cases of gastroenteritis every year.
- Globally, norovirus is estimated to cause approximately 200,000 deaths annually, with 70,000 or more being children in developing countries.
- There are currently two drug candidates in Phase II, and no drug candidates in Phase III. All of the drug candidates currently in the pipeline for norovirus are vaccines. These drugs are administered via oral, intranasal, and intramuscular routes.
- The clinical trials distribution across Phase I-IV indicates that the majority of trials for norovirus have been in early and mid phases of development, with 91.2% of trials in Phase I-II, and only 8.8% in Phase III.
- Clinical trial activity in the norovirus space is dominated by planned trials. Takeda has the highest number of planned clinical trials for norovirus, with 10 planned trials.
- Takeda leads industry sponsors with by far the highest number of clinical trials for norovirus, followed by Vaxart and UMN Pharma.
Key Topics Covered:
Challenges for vaccine development
CLINICAL TRIAL LANDSCAPE
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zmnd7g/global_norovirus?w=4