AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pivot3, the hyperconverged infrastructure performance and technology leader, today announced it experienced accelerated growth in 2017, including significant traction among multi-workload environments in data centers and smart city and safe city initiatives. In 2017, Pivot3’s sales increased by more than 65 percent from the first half to the second half of the year, reflecting the increased market demand for high-performance products like Pivot3’s Acuity platform and purpose-built appliances for streaming media.
“We saw incredible sales acceleration this past quarter, with Pivot3 emerging as the only private technology company capable of taking on the large, public IT companies with a platform that can support the most demanding applications," said Ron Nash, CEO, Pivot3. "We built our HCI platform for the future, with deeply-embedded intelligence and simplicity for the evolving datacenter -- a capability that is resonating with major enterprises looking to manage multiple applications on one HCI platform, as well as governments embarking on large-scale smart city and safe city initiatives. The message is clear: when customers have a demanding IT initiative, they turn to Pivot3."
Pivot3’s key accomplishments in Q4 2017 include:
- Increased penetration into large enterprise and Fortune 1000 companies, with nearly 60 percent of the company’s 2017 revenue coming from that customer segment. These large enterprises – a segment that demands the highest technology standards – selected Pivot3 due to the its ability to support multiple mixed-application and mission-critical workloads on one infrastructure, and deliver industry-leading performance and reliability;
- Increased demand for the Acuity HCI platform, with the sales pipeline increasing by more than 250 percent from Q3 to Q4 and system sizes continuing to rise. Launched in April 2017, Acuity is the industry’s only policy-based platform with advanced quality of service and NVMe flash performance – ideal for organizations seeking a high-performance solution for data-intensive mixed application workloads;
- Significant momentum with IoT smart city and safe city use cases around the world, which were one third of the company’s revenue in the second half of 2017. With cities and states beginning to use IoT technologies to increase public safety and operate more efficiently, datacenter infrastructures are evolving to support applications such as license plate and facial recognition or access control. These use cases typically require more processing power, making Pivot3 HCI the ideal platform with its intelligent policy and priority management capabilities;
- A diverse range of new customers, including one of the world’s largest hyperscale social networks, a top-three telecommunications company, a leading national shipping and logistics provider, and several cities and states with comprehensive safe city programs throughout the United States, Latin America and the Middle East;
- Continued growth of the Global Channel Partner Program, with deal registrations from the channel increasing by more than 63 percent from 1H to 2H 2017 and a 26-percent increase in new partners over the same time-period;
- Expanded the company’s go-to-market capacity by adding Arrow Electronics as a distribution partner, and expanded strategic partnerships with Lenovo, JCI/Tyco, PCM and others;
- Pivot3’s HCI platform was recognized in Q4 with product innovation awards from Security Today, Campus Safety Magazine and Global Enterprise Connect.
“With a small and lean team managing a staggering amount of critical data, simplicity and scalability were top priorities in our decision to partner with Pivot3,” said Joseph Souza, assistant director of security, University of Central Florida. “As our university continues to grow, I have complete confidence in Pivot3’s ability to easily scale and expand with us, playing a valuable role in UCF’s technology innovation and leadership.”
“2017 was a year of innovation and growth for Pivot3, with our team hyper-focused on bringing the next generation of HCI to market and diving deep into verticals that can’t be addressed by the incumbent legacy IT vendors, such as safe cities and smart cities,” said Nash. “With a strong technology foundation in place, we’re perfectly positioned to win in this market as we deliver on our vision to support high-end enterprise computing with intelligent and autonomous management across private and public clouds.”
Pivot3 provides easy to use and efficient solutions that deliver intelligence and automation to simplify multi-cloud environments. Built on hyperconverged infrastructure, Pivot3’s advanced intelligence engine combines policy-based management, inference and orchestration capabilities, and industry-leading performance to automate management, resource allocation, workload mobility and data placement across hybrid cloud environments so IT can focus on delivering the applications and services that power your business. With more than 2,500 customers in 54 countries, and over 18,000 deployments in healthcare, government, transportation, security, entertainment, education, gaming, retail and more, Pivot3 is defining the future of autonomous cloud computing with smarter infrastructure solutions.