Activated carbon is the major adsorbent in the global adsorbent market due to its high adsorption capacity and large surface area. Activated carbon is mainly divided into three types - powdered, granular and extruded. It has become the preferred option for potable water purification, waste water treatment, aquariums, swimming pools and sewage water treatment, air and gas filtration. These applications are gaining popularity due to increasing pollution levels, health concerns and stringent government regulations.
Apart from this, activated carbon is used for decolorization and deodorization of food and beverages, purification of vitamins and antibiotics, and active pharmaceutical ingredients in pharmaceutical industry and other medical applications. Some of the other applications of activated carbon include control gas emissions in automobiles, personal protection in defense sector, gold and precious metal recovery and as catalysts in removal of mercaptan in oil refineries.
Key Topics Covered:
4. Global Market Forecast For Activated Carbon
5. Market Drivers
6. Global Forecast For Reactivation Of Activated Carbon
7. Forecast For The Global Activated Carbon Market Used For Mercury Control
8. Suppliers Landscape And Company Profiles
- Active Char Products Pvt. Ltd.
- Ada Carbon Solutions, Llc
- Albemarle Corp.
- Cabot Corp.
- Calgon Carbon Corp.
- Carbon Activated Corp.
- Carbotech Ac Gmbh
- Desotec Activated Carbon N.V.
- Donau Chemie Ag
- Evoqua Water Technologies Llc
- Fujian Xinsen Carbon Co., Ltd.
- Haycarb Plc
- Indo German Carbons Ltd.
- Ingevity Corp.
- Kureha Corp.
- Meadwestvaco [Nyse: Mwv]
- Ningxia Huahui Activated Carbon Co. Ltd.
- Nucon International Inc.
- Osaka Gas Co. Ltd.
- Philippine-Japan Active Carbon Corp.
- Shanxi Xinhua Chemical Co., Ltd. A
- Shinkwang Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gvq2sw/global_activated?w=4