DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Super Absorbent Polymers Market 2017-2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global market for sorbents has been growing at a significant rate in pace with the personal care, medical and pharmaceutical, chemical and oil refineries, agricultural, food and electronics industries over the past five years, primarily driven by the Asia-Pacific region. In addition, research and development in sorbent technologies have resulted in cross-linking, synthesizing, water swelling and chromatography in polymers, making the polymers more porous, reducing the overall operating cost of the equipment.
To assess the market, sorbents are broadly divided into two types based on the mechanism: absorbent polymers and adsorbents. Adsorption represents a surface mechanism where the liquid is soaked and it takes place on the surface, whereas absorption involves the bulk of the material where the sorbent soaks all the liquid in it.
The high usability of super absorbent polymers (SAPs) in personal hygiene products and in minimizing environmental wastes and regulating the levels of chemicals in the air and water in applications such as wastewater treatment, air purification, construction, life sciences and other applications are driving the absorbent polymers market. Sensor, instrumental and water purification are the major applications driving the adsorbents market.
- Nippon Shokubai, Evonik Industries, BASF, San-Dia Polymers, Sumitomo Seika Chemicals and Kolon are the major global manufacturers of polymer absorbents.
- Axens, Calgon Carbon Corp., Cabot Corp., Adsorbents & Desiccants Corp. of America (ADCOA) and UOP LLC, are some of the other key participants in the market for adsorbents.
- Growth in the global demand for SAPs is highest in China.
Key Topics Covered:
4. Patents And R&D On Absorbent Polymers, Super Absorbent Polymers And Adsorbents
5. Global Market Forecast For Absorbent Polymers And Adsorbents
6. Drivers And Restraints
7. Suppliers Landscape And Company Profiles
- Adsorbents & Desiccants Corp. Of America (ADCOA)
- Arkema Group
- Cabot Corp
- Calgon Carbon
- Dow Chemical Co.
- Evonik Industries
- Graver Technologies
- Haycarb Plc
- Kao Corp.
- Kolon Industries
- LG Chem
- Mitsubishi Chemical
- Nippon Shokubai
- The Purolite Co.
- Sanyo Chemical Industries
- SDP Global Co. Ltd.
- SNF Floerger
- Songwon Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Sorbead India
- Sumitomo Seika
- Tangshan Boya Science And Technology Development
- Tosoh Corp.
- UOP LLC (A Honeywell Company)
- Yixing Danson Technology
- Zeochem AG
- Zhejiang Kaidi New Material Co. Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2l845x/global_super?w=4