DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "OTT Video Worldwide: Trends and Forecasts 2017-2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
In 2017, worldwide consumer spend on IPTV reached USD35 billion; OTT video spend reached the same figure. By 2022, however, OTT video will be the more lucrative business of the two. Spend will grow at a CAGR of 19% between 2017 and 2022, and OTT video will generate a spend per year of USD84 billion compared to the USD47 billion for IPTV.
This report provides:
- Forecasts for the number of premium OTT video users, spend and average spend per user (ASPU)
- Forecasts split by category of OTT video service - linear channels, linear events, TVoD (rental), TVoD (ownership) and SVoD
- Forecasts for 47 individual countries, all world regions, and the world as a whole
- An overview of the trends and drivers in the market.
Key performance indicators:
- Population penetration
All of the above split by the following categories of OTT video service:
- Linear - channels (paid-for and free)
- Linear - events
- TVoD - rental
- TVoD - ownership
- SVoD (paid-for and free)
Also split by device type:
- TV set (including STB, smart TVs, consoles and other streamers)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qmv8bc/worldwide_ott?w=4