DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Oil Supply and Demand Market: Outlook to 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Combining data and insights from a suite of energy market forecasting models, this outlook focuses on the impact of key drivers on the pace and timing of oil price recovery, the evolution of regional oil production (including shale oil), and the economic implications of long-term market trends for oil supply and demand.
1. OPEC behavior - OPEC reached full level of compliance with the output cut deal, however production growth in deal-exempt countries and NGLs is offsetting large part of the cuts, delaying market balancing
2. Mid-term oil recovery scenario - We expect the market to structurally tighten around 2020. LTO production should return to strong growth by that time, yet accelerated legacy production declines from the lack of upstream investment will likely help eclipse the oversupply
3. Long-term oil demand growth outlook - Long-term oil demand growth slows down, due to slower global GDP growth of 2.4-2.7% p.a. and decreasing oil intensity driven by energy efficiency and EV substitution
4. Long-term oil supply growth outlook - On the supply side, recent improvements in project cost savings are expected to be partially maintained, and translate to 15-20% reductions in project breakeven prices by 2030
5. Industry margins - The marginal cost of supply in the long-term is expected to be in the $60-70/bbl range, thanks to slow demand growth and cost improvements on the supply side
Key Topics Covered:
Historical recap (2014-2017 YTD)
Analysis of the evolution of oil prices and oil supply-demand balance since the peak in 2014, including the drivers that led to a market oversupply and its later rebalancing
Medium-term market outlook (through 2021)
Presentation of demand and supply outlooks for the next 5 years, including key oil pricing scenarios and analysis
Long-term market outlook (through 2030)
Presentation of demand and supply outlooks through 2030, including structural shifts in oil market dynamics for the oil and gas industry
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pl9wth/global_oil_supply?w=4