IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IOGEAR, a manufacturer of innovative information technology products for consumers and small- to medium-sized businesses, today announced the expansion of its extensive family of business-class KVM and KVMP solutions with the launch of a new series of Secure KVM switches. The new Secure KVM switches ensure high-level desktop security, protection and data safekeeping for organizations in industries such as government, finance and utilities.
IOGEAR’s new Secure KVM Switches are NIAP-certified (National Information Assurance Partnership) and compliant with NIAP PP 3.0 (Protection Profile for Peripheral Sharing Switch version 3.0) requirements to provide maximum information security while sharing a single keyboard, mouse, speaker set, and CAC reader between as many as eight computers. The series of Secure KVM Switches gives users the option of sharing DVI or HDMI monitors with multiple computers and the ability to connect single or dual view monitors providing up to 4K UHD video quality.
The IOGEAR Secure KVM Switch provides the utmost hardware and software security when switching port focus. Hardware security includes tamper-evident seals, active chassis intrusion detection, and tamper-proof hardware. Software security includes restricted USB connectivity, meaning non-HIDs (Human Interface Devices) are ignored when switching. This protection includes channel isolation per port and automatic clearing of the keyboard and mouse buffer when changing port focus, making it impossible for data to be leaked or transferred between secure and unsecured computers.
The New Family of IOGEAR Secure KVM Switches Includes:
- GCS1214TAA3 4-Port Dual-Link DVI Secure KVM Switch;
- GCS1224TAA3 4-Port Dual View Dual-Link DVI Secure KVM Switch;
- GCS1414TAA3 4-Port DisplayPort Secure KVM Switch;
- GCS1424TAA3 4-Port Dual View DisplayPort Secure KVM Switch;
- GCS1228TAA3 8-Port Dual View Dual-Link DVI Secure KVM Switch;
- GCS1314TAA3 4-Port HDMI Secure KVM Switch;
- GCS1212TAA3 2-Port Dual-Link DVI Secure KVM Switch
Key Features of the IOGEAR Secure KVM Switches
- Secure Sharing of Peripherals with Multiple Computers – Control up to eight single/dual view computers while ensuring data isolation between shared peripherals and computers; push-button port selection and secure port switching; non-authorized devices or non-predefined CACs are rejected or ignored.
- Connect Single or Dual-View Monitors up to 4K UHD Quality – The IOGEAR Single/Dual View Dual-Link DVI Secure KVM Switch offers up to 3840 x 2160 @30Hz video output on compatible HDMI-interfaced monitors and or computers when used with IOGEAR HDMI-to-DVI KVM cables. IOGEAR Video DynaSync™ eliminates boot-up display problems and optimizes resolution when switching between ports.
- Secure Data Management – Channel isolation makes it impossible for data to be leaked or transferred between computers; secure design enables unidirectional data flow between devices and connected computers; unidirectional speaker data prevents the passage of analog audio by a microphone or line input; keyboard data buffer is automatically purged when switching KVM port focus.
- Tamper-Proof Design – Chassis intrusion causes the device to become inoperable; tamper-proof hardware; tamper-evident seals; non-reprogrammable firmware; rugged metal enclosure.
“As one of the industry’s leading manufacturers of KVM and KVMP switches, the quality, performance and breadth of our solution offerings have established IOGEAR as the standard for companies of all sizes across a wide array of industries,” explained Irma Pietojo, Product Manager at IOGEAR. “The launch of our new series of Secure KVM Switches is not only exciting, but it is truly needed to protect against cyberthreats at the desktop level. These solutions are designed specifically to add another layer of security to the computing infrastructure to protect the sensitive and critical data processed by organizations like government agencies and financial institutions.”
The IOGEAR Secure KVM Switches carry a four-year warranty and will be available as early as April 2018 through authorized resellers and distributors and can be sourced from a diversified group of Federal, State and Local contract vehicles. For more information on IOGEAR’s complete line of award-winning TAA-compliant, Common Criteria (CC) and connectivity products and solutions, please visit www.iogear.com and follow the company on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
IOGEAR, an ATEN Technology Company headquartered in Irvine, Calif., manufactures innovative information technology products for consumers and small- to medium-sized businesses that are designed to help integrate technologies in everyday life, share resources and decrease clutter at home, at work and on-the-go.
IOGEAR offers a broad range of solutions to meet the needs of end consumers, small office/home office (SOHO) users, small and medium-sized business (SMB), and government customers. Their wide range of TAA-compliant products includes CAC readers, combo keyboard+CAC readers, KVM/KVMPs, docking stations, wired/wireless AV, computer accessories and cables.
IOGEAR distributes throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia.
©2018 IOGEAR. All rights reserved. IOGEAR and the IOGEAR logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of IOGEAR. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.