DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Steel
Global Industry Almanac 2017" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's
Global Steel industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The steel market consists of the production of crude steel in the stated country or region.
- Crude steel production refers to the production of the first solid steel products upon solidification of liquid steel. It includes ingots (in conventional mills) and semis (in modern mills with continuous casting facilities). Crude steel also includes liquid steel, which goes into the production of steel castings.
- Market values have been calculated using appropriate regional annual average steel prices.
- Market shares reflect volumes of steel produced by a company in a respective market.
- Any currency conversions used in this report have been calculated using constant annual average 2016 exchange rates.
- The global steel market had total revenues of $758,497m in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -8.4% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market production volume increased with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.2% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 1,555.9 million metric tons in 2016.
- The overall outlook for the global steel market is positive, with the market experiencing particularly strong growth in 2017.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b9h3hw/global_steel?w=4