DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Alpha Olefin Market Analysis By Product, (1-Butene, 1-Hexene, 1-Octene, 1-Decene, 1-Dodecene), By Application (Polyethylene, Detergent Alcohol, Synthetic Lubricants), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global alpha olefin market is expected to reach USD 12.58 billion by 2025.
Major companies are involved in raw material production, alpha olefins production, distribution of alpha olefins production and end-use products manufacturing.
End-use products include polyethylene, detergent alcohols, synthetic lubricants, plasticizers, etc. In-house production and utilization of alpha olefin helps the manufacturers to cut down logistics cost and cater to end-users directly to increase profitability.Increasing polyethylene demand from various end-use industries is expected to remain a key driving factor for the global alpha olefin market.
Further Key Findings
- The global alpha olefin demand was 4,327.9 kilotons in 2016 and is expected to reach 6,273.3 million tons by 2025, growing at an estimated CAGR of 4.2% from 2017 to 2025.
- Increase in the production of oil in OPEC countries and in Russia and the U.S. is anticipated to maintain a smooth flow of raw material supply for alpha olefin production.
- The surge in demand for polyalphaolefin in the synthetic lubricants segment owing to reduced engine wear and tear is anticipated to propel the market growth in the mentioned forecast period.
- 1-Octene generated a demand of 449.1 kilo tons in 2016 and is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 3.2% over the forecast period
- Declining ethane prices has spurred the development of new ethane crackers in the U.S., creating greater supply for alpha olefin production.
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC
- Dow Chemical Co.
- Idemitsu Petrochemical Co. Ltd.
- INEOS Oligomers
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.
- Qatar Chemical Company II Ltd.
- Sasol Limited
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pwhm62/global_alpha?w=4