HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Energy industry leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, as well as leaders from the environmental, technology, financial and industrial sectors, will be among those to address CERAWeek 2018 by IHS Markit, March 5-9 at the Hilton Americas—Houston.
CERAWeek 2018: Tipping Point: Strategies for a New Energy Future will examine the changing dynamics of the energy markets, the impact of technology, government policies, the environment, and the global economy and explore strategies to navigate the opportunities and challenges ahead for energy. 2018 marks the 37th anniversary of the event, produced by business information provider IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
Featured speakers at CERAWeek 2018 will include:
- Greg Armstrong, chairman and CEO, Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
- H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, secretary general, OPEC
- Mary Barra, chairman and CEO, General Motors
- Ben van Beurden, CEO, Royal Dutch Shell
- Fatih Birol, executive director, International Energy Agency
- Patricia Vincent-Collawn, president and CEO, PNM Resources
- Christopher Crane, president and CEO, Exelon
- Robert Dudley, group chief executive, BP plc
- Jack Fusco, president and CEO, Cheniere
- Russ Girling, president and CEO, TransCanada Corporation
- Thad Hill, president and CEO, Calpine Corporation
- Walter Isaacson, president and CEO, The Aspen Institute
- H.E. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, minister of state in the United Arab Emirates, CEO, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC)
- Steven Kean, president and CEO, Kinder Morgan
- Ryan Lance, chairman and CEO, ConocoPhillips
- Jeffrey Lyash, president and CEO, Ontario Power Generation
- Amin Nasser, president and CEO, Saudi Aramco
- Pedro Pizarro, president and CEO, Edison International
- Patrick Pouyanné, chairman of the board and CEO, TOTAL S.A.
- Michael Smith, chairman, CEO and founder, Freeport LNG
- Geisha Williams, president and CEO, PG&E Corporation
- Tan Sri Wan Zulkiflee, president and CEO, Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS)
Visit www.ceraweek.com for a complete list of speakers and the most up-to-date program information (subject to change).
“We are pleased to welcome a distinguished group of leaders to CERAWeek 2018,” said Daniel Yergin, conference chair and vice chairman of IHS Markit. “This year’s theme, Tipping Point reflects a critical moment as the foundation of a new energy future begins to take shape. This year’s program will contribute critical dialogue and understanding on the energy future.”
Key themes to be explored at CERAWeek 2018 will include:
- Oil geopolitics and markets: Unsettling times
- Future of the upstream and downstream businesses
- Reinventing the Wheel? The future of mobility and its implications for energy and beyond
- Energy infrastructure – breaking the impasse?
- Climate policy and the investment and strategic responses
- Energy investment and the changing role of finance
- Energy 4.0 – digital transformation
- Regional imbalances and their impacts on global gas markets, business models and strategy
- Fuel choices for electric power generation
- Renewables come of age: What’s ahead?
- Breakthrough innovation
- New government policies
- The impact of the global economy
CERAWeek 2018 will be held March 5-9 at the Hilton Americas Hotel in Houston, Texas. Further information and delegate registration is available at www.ceraweek.com.
Media registration is now open. Members of the media interested in covering CERAWeek 2018 are required to apply for accreditation. Applications can be submitted via the following link: http://bit.ly/cwmediarg18.
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. and/or its affiliates. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2018 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.