Global Medical Equipment Market Briefing 2018 covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market.
Medical equipment devices are designed to aid diagnosis, monitoring or treatment of medical conditions. The medical equipment market comprises surgical and medical instruments, surgical appliances and supplies, ophthalmic goods, dental laboratories, and in vitro reagents.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the medical equipment market in 2017, accounting for around 33% market share. North America was the second largest region accounting for around 29% market share. Africa was the smallest region accounting for around 4% market share.
Use of medical devices for the home based diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions is increasing. Technological developments in devices such as glucose monitors, insulin delivery devices, nebulizers and oxygen concentrators have enabled diagnosis and monitoring of many diseases at home. Remote control technology is also allowing healthcare professionals to support home based treatments which is leading to preference for home and self-care treatment.
- Markets Covered: In-Vitro Diagnostics, Dental Equipment and Supplies, Ophthalmic Devices, Diagnostic Equipment, Hospital Supplies, Surgical Equipment, Orthopedic Devices, Cardiovascular Devices, Patient Monitoring Devices, Diabetes Care Devices, Nephrology and Urology Devices, ENT Devices, Anesthesia and Respiratory Devices, Neurology Devices, Wound Care Devices, Others
- Geographic Scope: Asia Pacific, North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, Middle East and Africa.
- Time Series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Market value in $ billions.
- Johnson & Johnson
- GE Healthcare
- Siemens Healthcare
- Philips Healthcare
- DanaherBaxter International
- Becton Dickinson
- 3M Healthcare
- Abbott Labs
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4zxfgm/global_medical?w=4