DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market by Product (Automated System, Disks, MIC Strips, Media), Method (Dilution, Diffusion), Type (Antibacterial, Antifungal), Application (Clinical, Drug Discovery), End User - Global Forecast to 2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global antimicrobial susceptibility testing market is expected to reach USD 3.47 Billion by 2022 from USD 2.71 Billion in 2017, at a CAGR of 5.1%.
Factors such as increasing prevalence of infectious diseases across the globe, emergence of antimicrobial resistance caused due to drug overuse, increasing initiatives by government organizations towards improving the detection and control antimicrobial resistant species, and improving growth opportunities in emerging markets are boosting the demand for antimicrobial susceptibility testing products.
North America is expected to dominate the global AST market primarily due to easy accessibility and better adoption of technologically advanced susceptibility testing methods and products. The increasing prevalence of antimicrobial resistance in North America is another key factor supporting the growth of this regional segment in the global market. The Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR as markets in developed countries are increasingly becoming saturated and manufacturers and suppliers of AST products are shifting their focus towards the Asian market.
Factors such as an unfavorable reimbursement scenario may hinder the growth of the market to a certain extent.
As of 2016, some of the major players operating in this market include bioMrieux (France), BD (US), Danaher (US), Thermo Fisher (US), and Bio-Rad (US).
- Rising Prevalence of Infectious Diseases
- Increased Funding, Research Grants, and Public-Private Investments
- Technological Advancements Towards the Development of Rapid AST Methods
- Emergence of Multidrug Resistance Due to Drug Abuse
- Unfavorable Reimbursement Scenario
- Emerging Markets to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Initiatives to Detect and Control Antimicrobial-Resistant Species
- High Cost of Automated Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Systems
- Lack of Coordination Between Regulatory Bodies, Clinical Laboratories, and AST Manufacturers
Key Topics Covered:
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Premium Insights
5 Market Overview
6 By Method
7 By Product
8 By Type
9 By Application
10 By End User
11 By Region
12 Competitive Landscape
13 Company Profiles
- Accelerate Diagnostics
- Creative Diagnostics
- Merck Group
- Thermo Fisher
- Zhuhai Dl Biotech
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xh556l/global_3_47?w=4