DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "PharmaPoint: Epilepsy - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
"PharmaPoint: Epilepsy - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2026", provides overview of epilepsy, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
It is estimated that sales of anti-epileptic drugs (AEDs) in the epilepsy market were approximately $6.1B throughout the 7MM in 2016. The highest selling drug in the epilepsy market was UCB's Vimpat (lacosamide). With that global sales in the epilepsy market are expected to grow at a moderate Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 2.1%. The main driver of growth will be the launch of five late-stage pipeline drugs, in particularly GW Pharmaceutical's Epidiolex (cannabidiol) and Zogenix'sfenfluramine, which target rare, orphan epilepsy syndromes.
The major drivers of growth in the epilepsy market during the forecast period include:
- The launch and uptake of GW Pharmaceutical's Epidiolex and Zogenix's fenfluramine, which are expected to be approved in Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS) and Dravet syndrome.
- The launch and uptake of Upsher-Smith Laboratories' USL-261 and Neurelis' NRL-1, which will be approved for the treatment of acute repetitive seizures. These reformulations are expected to drastically increase compliance.
- The high annual cost of therapy for pipeline drugs means they will generate high sales and drive growth.
Future key players in the epilepsy market are acquiring companies or entering into partnerships for the co-development and co-marketing of products into different regions of the 7MM. This strategy provides an effective method for companies to join efforts and resources, to share the costs and risks of R&D, and to maximize the commercial potential of the marketed products.
Lundbeck is the company that has embraced this strategy more than others. It entered into a partnership with Sanofi to market Sabril and Onfi in the US, while Sanofi takes marketing responsibilities in the EU.
- Epilepsy Market Anticipated To Grow to $7.5B by 2026
- Companies Targeting Niche Epilepsy Types
- Refractory Patients Are Still Underserved in the Epilepsy Market
- Market Opportunities for New Entrants
- Late-Stage Pipeline Drugs Will Be a Key Driver of Growth
- What Do Physicians Think?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
2 Executive Summary
4 Disease Overview
6 Disease Management
7 Competitive Assessment
8 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
9 Pipeline Assessment
10 Current and Future Players
11 Market Outlook
- GW Pharmaceuticals
- Upsher-Smith Laboratories
- SK Biopharmaceuticals
- Supernus Pharmaceuticals
- Sepracor (Sunovion Pharmaceuticals)
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Ovation Pharmaceuticals
- Par Pharmaceuticals
- Argentum Pharmaceuticals
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals
- CURx Pharmaceuticals
- Admas Pharmaceuticals
- Greenwich Biosciences
- Aegis Therapeutics
- Johnson & Johnson
- PTC Therapeutics
- INSYS Therapeutics
- Anavex Life Sciences
- VistaGen Therapeutics
- Biscayne Pharmaceuticals
- Mucodel Pharma
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ptdnxq/pharmapoint?w=4